grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lynn Manes

Lynn Manes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2015
    California
    Hi rlrs. Darn you've got me pegged right off. My defenses are down.Lol I'll be sure to watch out for twist. Haha I'm sure he's a good guy. I'm newly engaged remember, so no flirting from this California gal,bc I've got my fudge maker:)

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    i checked today. its all the same . [​IMG]

3. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I flirt with him all I can and its not because of fudge. LOL he is a big hearted man. and my friend. the fudge is just a perk ! besides , I havent heard him say I was getting some this yr. So, if you have a chef, how does he make fudge ,or does he ?

4. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

I move them whenever I'm ready. My nest boxes are milk crates, so it's easy to pick them up to move them. Later when they get up to eat, I'll move the best out of the crate and onto the floor of the crate with PLENTY of shavings or hay or whatever. I make sure she always had food or water so the other hens can't pester her or the eggs.

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    oooh ! I have a good idea ! cook off. everyone that wants to enter may send me samples and I will pick the winner . first prize will be a yankee dime and their name on here. hahaa

6. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah...supposed to take persc. prilosec 2X/d. Just started back up. I drink gallons of pepto and should buy stock in immodium.

Just called my mommy. Hankerin for that soup. She'll call me back with the recipe. It was so easy and cheap. She'd boil the snot out of a whole chicken till it fell apart. Put the chunks of meat in broth or that low salt chicken base with celery and onions. Lots of white pepper. and lots of lemon too. She added either rice or egg noodles. Can't remember the rest! I'll post it when mom calls back. It was real easy and you didn't need to watch it, so no time in the dungeon.
    Mommies are the best BTW.
    I'm a '59 model and she still loves for me to call if I have a sniffle and need my mommy. Just not right to have her 2300 miles away again.

7. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    milk crates are a great idea ! do you use the plastic ones. that solves a lot of problems for me if they will fit in my nesting box. thank you !

8. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

Sure do. I get them in the summer from my food company. I think I'm supposed to return them :oops: but no one ever asks so....

9. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I think its rice and would love your moms recipe. moms are the best . no doubt ...

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I will have to measure but i think i did 16 in .square. do they tip ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by