grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Late to the party! Catching up. So happy to have a good day! 3 doggies from the shelter, 1 Terrier X, 1 puggy looking one and a Hound mix!!! [​IMG]
    Pops came home from his property in the high desert with 3 gorgeous 8 mo old RIR's. His GS ([​IMG]) lives in his house. GS and his GF got some beautiful fancy chicks last spring. Chicken math! They wound up with 10, needed oh say 3? I know they're healthy from a closed flock, but Q penned them anyway. Pop's was a bit butt hurt asking if I thought he'd bring home sick chickens. [​IMG] Think fast! No, I didn't want them stressed. Whew!
    Poor old whacko boarding dog ate my backdoor while I was chickening this pm. [​IMG] That poor dog. Screams and cries unless he's with a human. Had a thought tonight, I put a tight doggie T-shirt on him to make him feel secure, like swaddling. it helped. [​IMG]. K. reading. bbl

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    We got keyboarding when we hit Jr. High and then computer lab/classes in H.S. -- I can type like a madwoman, lots of years spent in clerical work. DH was a POG (Person Other than Grunt - aka Admin type) for 20 years in the MC and still has to hunt and peck. He hates using my laptop because many of the keys are rubbed clean of the letter marking so he doesn't know where the keys he's looking for are.

1 person likes this.
  3. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Yep - thundershirts are wonderful!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  4. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    I hope so, otherwise what I posted won't make sense. [​IMG] What about the Donald Trump chicken from the last contest? Was that a male or female?

You had warmer weather than we did! Got to 65° today, but the ground is still wet, so yay. Nights are getting colder. House was 56 this morning. Brrrr. I am in the process of cleaning off the wood stove really good so it won't smell like bunt dust if we have a fire tonight. Then I have to get dinner ready, so you should have lots of company soon, since that's prime time on the thread!

5. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Hi everyone, I see its been pretty quiet today. Hopely some of you were having the beautiful weather I enjoyed today. Got the chickens wormed today. Did 41 birds in 2 hours, including 3 butt trims & 2 Silkie face trims. It went really well.

Enola ~ glad to hear that Mike's legs are doing better, but sorry they are bothering him so much that he isn't getting rest. Unfortunately that's very typical of hospital stays. Absolutely love you sharing peter pan :lau

Camping ~ sorry to hear that you are struggling. I want you to know that your not alone. A number of years ago when hubby & I owned our own business we were going thru severe financial problems & personal problems. I became like you are describing. I had so much built up rage at 1-my hubby 2-inlaws 3-myself. I was crashing from working 18 hour days for 2 years. My health had declined significantly & I couldn't keep it together. I was already on medication & all I could do was crawl in bed & hide. It was a really rough road, but eventually after many, many explosions it started to get better. I will be saying extra prayers for you. May God bless you with peace :hugs

Newfie ~ hoping your stress test went ok. Sorry to hear that you have to do therapy 3X a week. It does help though so sending prayers :hugs

Granny ~ Sounds like you had an amazing day. You so deserved it. What is SIL thinking bringing home weed? Is it not the goal to get wife clean? Does SIL have drug problems as well?

Twist ~ all I can say to you is yikes. I absolutely hate computers when something goes wrong. Praying that your problem is resolved with ease.

Red ~ Don't you dare get in trouble on another thread lol. How is your Pearl the hen doing? Is she still staying strong on her eggs?

Wishing ~ congrats on all the ovations on the caption contest. I look at that picture & all I draw is a complete blank, like duh :lau

Mutt ~ hope you found some good dogs for your therapy dog training. Was that picture of that dried up lake close to where you live? I can't even imagine, that would be heart breaking.

Jane your lunch fixins sounds yummy. Did you save some for us? Lol

Mare ~ thank for sharing the link to the experts way to tell what color egg a hen will lay. If it was only that easy :lau

Kathy ~ Hi & I have no idea how many ovations I get. It seems like before my golden feather I got only 3 or 4. Not certain how many I get now.

I hope & pray I didn't forget anyone. Melon, Tippy & York haven't been on when I started this post, but Hi & how's your day been if your on now [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    I just figured out how to keep up with this thread - I will just wait until you pop in because you summarize it all so well!!!!

1 person likes this.
  7. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Thank you honey :hugs

8. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    I agree with Grey Mare! Lisa gives me all the highlights. How do you remember so much?

9. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    wishing, that was a rooster polish on the last caption . I talked to Sally about this bird couple months ago because it looked like the EE I had that ended up being a roo.

10. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Mutt, Pictures ? i am surprised you took on a hound just a little . they are so stubborn !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by