grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday night my cats were fighting over a mouse. In my bedroom. I woke up hearing them growling and it got away. I sat up with the light on the rest of the night. Wide awake. Lol

Today I started smelling something dead. I looked around for that mouse. I didn't find a body, but I found my flower blooming!

Stapelia gigantea. Starfish flower. It smells like something died and is polinated by flies.

Friday night my cats were fighting over a mouse. In my bedroom. I woke up hearing them growling and it got away. I sat up with the light on the rest of the night. Wide awake. Lol

Today I started smelling something dead. I looked around for that mouse. I didn't find a body, but I found my flower blooming!

Stapelia gigantea. Starfish flower. It smells like something died and is polinated by flies.

Thank goodness it will mask the scent of any dead mice the cats drag in!
gig.gif

That's pretty cool. There was a similar "carrion" flower in the Bay Area that people were waiting around to see open, and smell the bloom. Guess it only blooms once or maybe every fifty years or something, and the plant was the size of a person. Quite an event that made the local news coverage. It was enough for me to see it on tv, without smell-o-vision!

I'm caught up again.

Belated happy anniversary Granny and Tom.

Wishing. Hang gliding! No way! I can't even watch the video without my stomach rolling. Lol

I will gladly fly in a real airplane.
smile.png

Red Are you feeling better?

Twist I have Chrome on my phone. IE gave me fits a couple years ago. I switched to Foxfire then.

Camping That is a handsome rooster.

Wishing Please PM the smileys.

Tippy Is that the 7 quart Kitchenaid that I am coveting???

Wishing Have you tried ebay for a glass mixing bowl. I still have the glass from my mom's from 1945. I don't ever use that glass bowl, I'd break it.

Ice Angel thanks for sharing Butch the rooster. I loved it!

Kathy So sorry about your cat.
it is the 6 quart. I love it! It's shiny
wee.gif

Thank goodness it will mask the scent of any dead mice the cats drag in!  :gig

That's pretty cool.  There was a similar "carrion" flower in the Bay Area that people were waiting around to see open, and smell the bloom.  Guess it only blooms once or maybe every fifty years or something, and the plant was the size of a person.  Quite an event that made the local news coverage. It was enough for me to see it on tv, without smell-o-vision! 
That's a once in a lifetime event. I'd love to see something like that.

Corpse flower Amorphophallys titanum. That is on my wish list. It takes a long time to bloom like years and years. It gets 5 feet tall and smells as bad as a dead deer. Lol After blooming, it dies and catches up with the stench. Lol Then you get a cool seed pod.

I would charge $1 to smell it and raise money for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom