grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    your taking your ex ? hunting ? I tried that once . I couldnt get a clean shot

3 people like this.
  2. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    An adult doe might have 50 to 75 lbs of useable meat on her. The bones and skelton I will give to the hens to pick clean.

3. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    guess I will go slice my finger again. flavored sausage is the best !

4. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    LOL and I have tried to get her to wear that "special" hunting cap the one with antlers but she just wouldn't play along.[​IMG]

Honestly we are really good friend's now.

5. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    Like I don't have enough to do I guess we are going to butcher some hogs now. Up to 3 for sure so far. Homemade sausage nummers thick cut pork chops, roasts, side pork, maybe bacon if I have the time, corned pork/up here they call is salt pork which isn't right. You use the meaty (sort of ) boney scraps and brine it for a number of weeks, then boil it and eat.

6. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Sigh. No word from the recruiter. Don't dangle that carrot and then give me nothing!!! Sob.

Get to drive about 45 minutes to get to my assigned doctor and get more drugs....oh American health care how I love thee. $40 copay...and then will need drugs. Sigh.

There's some stores around that area that I've been told I need to check out...kinda working on rebuilding my professional wardrobe since I've gained a bunch of weight boo. (Funny thing is I finally got my Canadian tax return. Huzzah! But the loonie is in such the crapper that I'm debating ordering some clothes from rickis, which is the Canadian store I used to get all my office attire from, and getting my mom to mail it down here...and that may be cheaper/make more sense than losing over 25% on conversion...sigh.)

Bright side. Managing the mil's homestead again this weekend so will get some cash monies.

Think my hubs is a bit sad that I've tossed my funds in my Canadian account...instead of our main one down here. But honestly, straight conversion before adding bank fees etc is a Canadian dollar is worth $0.75 right now. I'd rather not lose that much in conversion and hey. We'll have money whenever we do go visit.

*ninja edit* and if we ever do need I can always write us a cheque, and do deposits that way.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  7. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    so you are all over at granny helping her unwrap her sausage??? [​IMG] awful quiet

8. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    I think that's a good plan to keep some money up in Canada. That's what my sister in law does. She was from New Brunswick , St Andre

9. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    It also never hurts to have a "secret stash" that hubby can't touch. LOL A person needs their MAD money

10. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    Congrats granny this thread is in top spot for the past 30 days I am 102 post behind red for the past 30 LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by