grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal

Yes and no. It means we always have projects lol

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I like having projects . as long as they dont kill me. LOL at least if you break down you have someone to call.

Jane, we havent really talked yet. Have you said what /how many chickens you have ?

3. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    So true - that is one thing I really love about DH, he is one of those "jack of all trades" guys (except, for the rest of that saying, he IS a master of some, lol). I really love the fact that 99.9% of the things that have needed to be worked on or fixed (from electrical to plumbing to construction to mechanical/engine and all points in between) he has been able to do without having to pay someone else to do it for us.

4. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Hi Granny - missed you (and the rest of the crew) lately!

5. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal

Yeah but that's what it takes to get him to work on my car - he's so distracted by all his projects. Sigh.

6. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    My DH is like that. It's very handy. I read an article on lowering car repair bills. It said to know your mechanic. I know my mechanic very well. Lol

7. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Mare, I am being an @ss .. I am sorry. [​IMG] [​IMG] I didnt see the other posts ..

9. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    LOL - like the cobbler's children who had no shoes? I hear you - for us it is the lawn. DH's "real" job is at the Veteran's Cemetery which means he does a LOT of mowing, trimming, mulching, etc --- it looks BEAUTIFUL........our yard, not so much. I end up doing the mowing and trimming quite a bit (which makes him [​IMG] at me?!?!?!?!). I get it, he does it all week and the last thing he wants to do on the weekend is more of the same, but then dont b**** at me when I do it to keep us from being *that* house in the neighborhood. This would also be why we no longer have a pond, but do have a lovely "cattail field" where it used to be...........my theory on that is wait until it is good and snowy this winter and light the d*** things on fire to get rid of all the existing ones gone and then *I* will just be responsible for keeping control of them this spring when new ones start to come through. I bought all the sprays and whatnot he needed two years ago----they are unopened [​IMG] (don't get me wrong, I love the man and he IS handy but this particular issue is one of *those* issues that has become a boiling point)

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I got a figis ale book in the mail couple days ago. theres something in there I look at every year I would love to order DS for Christmas but I dont have a way to order and I think its way too much moneys. its the sportsman sausage selection. all of it is mixed with pork but there is 5 of them and if I am not mistaken only 1lb. 14oz. total weight. it is wild boar, venison, elk, buffalo and pheasant. $50.00 would anyone know of a substitute ?? even if its only venison ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by