1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prostar

prostar Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal

Will be. It's a work in progress. Gonna be putting some Windows/doors/stove/fridge/bed in that box there. Hubs is doing work on the engine/trans

[​IMG]

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    then a home on wheels ? is the whole engine missing ? sounds like a ton of work but your in no hurry I imagine .

3. prostar

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Yeah. Kinda like a motorhome but built on a truck so it can tow heavy stuff. Hubs is a heavy duty mechanic so...it's what he does.

And yeah. Ninja edit. He pulled the engine and trans. Putting different ones in. Today he set up the "air ride" suspension on the back end and pulled out said engine & trans....and put new tires on.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  4. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    Yeah - have that down pat, the rest of the flock only has to hear the back door to the house open/close to come running.......because they know we will give them a treat (regular feeding is free feed and always in the coop)......and it's how we re-coop them anytime we need to put them up without waiting for them to go to roost. These particular birds are just that skittish. Doesn't help that the daylight hours got short about the same time we got them and the weekends since have been busy so I've just not had the time to spend out there becoming part of the normal scenery for them.

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    thats a good thing to have ! a mech. husband I mean . They (mech) are so very hard to come by. hahaa regular car mech. on the street here is at $50. an hr.

6. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Hi Newfie [​IMG]

Hi Mare [​IMG]

7. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    That's just gross, Granny. Take it away and put it where she can't get it! She will smell like rotting chicken and so will anything she rubs up against.

We had a guinea pig when the kids were little. He lived a long time. I buried him in the back yard. I don't remember how old the twins were but DD didn't talk very well. I was sitting at my kitchen table having tea with my best friend when we looked up and here comes DD with her blanket over her shoulder. She was trying to cuddle something and kept dropping it. When she got a little closer, I could see what she had. The dead guinea pig. I took it away and buried it again. Deeper. She got it again. I finally threw it in the trash. RIP Harry Pig.

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    ya its gross. I couldnt get it from her. every time I tried she ran with it til it was dark and I couldnt find it. hoping a coon or bobcat will find it tonight. Not only that but I dont know what it died from. I cant dig a deep hole .

9. prostar

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Oh ick!

I confess, my piggies got the dumpster burial. when the ground is only thawed enough to bury decently a few months of the year....

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    my garbage just ran yesterday (once a week) and I have nothing to wrap it in except garbage bags. Nothing air tight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by