grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Hey Red - did YOU have a wonderful day? Can't complain here - spent the morning doing coop chores and hanging with the flock (trying to convince the new kids we aren't scary, the BR are still SUPER skittish, the leghorns are warming up to us - definitely not pocket birds, but super curious and want to be friendly) - then DS and I made a trip South to hit up Rural King for feed, Papa Murphy's for dinner tonight and our favorite fish store for some supplies. All in all, a good day with the boy so can't complain about that.
    It was COLD here overnight - woke up to the first morning of having to break up ice on the horse trough and chicken water, warmed up and melted off as soon as the sun made it up far enough to shine on things, but a definite reminder that it's time to start digging out the tank heater and maybe get Aero's blanket washed and ready.

2. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    What fitting captions, especially the "lesser being"..........lovely bunch there!!

3. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    That just depends on which log book you look at, lol, grew up around a LOT of truckers.

4. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    @Watermelon123 --- SO glad you had such a lovely time!!! Love the picture.

5. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal

Haha yeah Vegas is a sassy one. I am honestly afraid to enter her stall, we used to be cool but lately she's just been having none of me! Luckily I don't have to (phew). Mil has auto waterer things and the food bin is from outside ;)

6. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    I'm still here. Pulled the headliner out and did some more vacuuming. That's it. That's all I'm going to do. Previous owner/driver was a smoker and liked sunflower seeds. Icky. Oh well. That's all cleaned out and if it's not perfect that's cause I need a toothbrush and q tips and other things I just didn't bring with me. *shrug*

7. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    hi [​IMG] Finally home ! didnt have to worry about the chickens water here ol mare. they didnt have any. [​IMG] what did Rural King have ? [​IMG] The chicken that died the other day is now Lilys play thing. Last I seen of it she was burying it. I hope it stays buried this time. walking through the yard and stumble up on it makes me think of Pet Cemetery. All the chickens are sneezing very loudly but no signs of any illness . it may not be a sneeze . like a loud honk ? Sargent Murtock has discovered he is a he. he is being a pistol ! should of named him Red.

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Is totterhome a mobil home ?

9. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    You would think I could get everything in one post but did you all see the stats today ? 500 and some odd posts and twist #1 big mouth .

10. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Hi Red. How's Pearl and the kids?

Tippy. Just awful what you've been through. :hugs

Melon. I'm glad you had a good time. Beautiful pictures. I am green with jealousy. Lol

Star. Lucky people to have horses. I miss having one. What kind of bedding is that in the stalls? Does bad Vegas try to bite, kick, flatten you against the wall, or run you down?
    We had a 76 Pace Arrow. I loved that thing. We had kids so no improvements to it. When it died, he traded the gorgeous rebuilt chromed engine and transmission from it for a truck with a broken frame. :(

Mare. When you feed your chickens, call them. They will learn to come running. You are the food source. They will forget to be scared.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by