grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    All were dead. They looked fully developed too if this had of happened the day after, I think all the chicks would've hatched. Or if I was more experienced. Feeling bad that I didn't do enough.

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
  3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    hmmmmm ALTHOUGH if she hasnt been eating......

On the morning the average temperature of the growing chicken. It is found at 41.8 degrees C +/- 0.18 degrees. After one day without having eaten, the bodily temperature diminishes to 40.41 degrees +/- 0.97 degrees (-1.39 degrees). After two days without having eaten the temperature diminishes to 39.68 degrees C +/- 0.89 degrees (-2.12 degrees). After the first day of re-feeding the average temperature is 41.28 degrees C +/- 0.52 degrees C. During the period of no feeding the reduction in bodily temperature depends on the metabolic material availability. We can assume that the thermoregulator mechanisms are not modified by non-feeding and that the reduction in temperature is caused by the non efficiency of their normal efferents.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/576010 [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  4. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    thats a heck of a range isnt red? [​IMG]105.0–109.4

5. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Danna I didn't get your pm.

6. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    That's in between the range I cooked my babies. If I new how to post tears on here this is where they would be.

7. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    It sure wasn't your fault by any means! [​IMG] And I told you about such talk yesterday!
    Nature can be cruel as much as it can be wonderful, what we experience only makes us stronger and wiser!
    Perhaps you could learn a bit more about incubation if it has you interested now? [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Suicide is a horrible thing. My step father committed suicide after he remarried. My X's father committed suicide. Devastating....

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  9. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    now stop that, I am the crybaby here.

dont make me annoy everyone and post this thread up with goofy gifs just to make granny piddle her pants!

10. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

My sister charged an extra day of board if dogs could not be picked up before closing. Something to think about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by