grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the time, the turkey has a neck, gizzard, and liver tucked inside. Cook those up for the animals or make broth for gravy.

I don't think you need to put stove top inside the bird for it to be good. If you do, it goes in before you start cooking. Cooking time for turkey is by weight. So many minutes per pound. I'd have to look it up.

I can look it up. I dont know how to make the gravy. sounds good though. think DD bought some already made.

20 minutes per pound in a 350° oven. You can cook the turkey without stuffing inside if you want. It cooks a little more evenly that way.

Is the turkey thawed all the way?

turkey liver and neck sounds good . maybe I will go boil that and eat it. wonder how long that takes to cook ? I need my mommy .....

Does DD know how to do all this? Maybe she could talk you through it.

You're not cooking it tonight, are you? You have time to peruse some recipes. Pick which ever one is easiest!

granny, Just take the bag of giblets out of the turkey, rinse the bird. put in pan. rub with butter and salt pepper, and bake 15 per pound.... Stove top is good and only takes a few minutes on the stove top to make. Open a can of corn and beans and heat it in the microwave. Easy peasy.

granny, Just take the bag of giblets out of the turkey, rinse the bird. put in pan. rub with butter and salt pepper, and bake 15 per pound.... Stove top is good and only takes a few minutes on the stove top to make. Open a can of corn and beans and heat it in the microwave. Easy peasy.

thanks 15 min. per lb x18 lbs. I only need to get it started she is supposed to do the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom