grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back from the airporter bus.

Here's my lamp. I don't know how old it is. Got it in a consignment antique shop about 20 years ago before eBay ruined the market. Have only seen one other like it. I had to get the shade, which is disintegrating. Seeing it in the pics, I think the shade is too big.

The bottom is a night light.

I think i like it better then mine. I dont remember seeing any like that either. the finial would match my lamp perfect.

Presence of an unbroken finial was the decisive point in buying the lamp!
cool.png

Is it a similar idea to yours? The base glows? It must make the carvings stand out nicely.

Good morning, hope this day dawns bright and beautiful for all of you!

Beginning to think I need to start giving this coffee stuff a try, lol.
Slept awful last night and woke up entirely too early for a Saturday morning - stumble through the house in a half-sleep stupor and was followed by my old man cat who is living on borrowed time at the moment. He set to begging for some food, cracked open a can (it's all he can eat at this point), scooped out a lump, plopped the spoon over the bowl and turn my attention to filling the kibble bowls for the others. Meanwhile old man cat is still yowling at me, so I turn back around and tell him to eat his food - but there is no food in the bowl
hmm.png
WHERE did the food go (this is also the look on his face at this point)? Turn to look and, FOUND IT --- with my foot. Apparently I missed his dish all together - nothing like cold, squishy, canned cat food between your toes to start the day off right...............SO ready for my "vacation"

Hello everyone,
I have finally read all the posts on this thread (487 pages!!) and feel like I have gotten to know you guys a little bit. I am very pleased to meet ya'll. However, now that I have read all the posts I am in a full blown panic thinking that I have bitten off more than I can chew. I had no idea so many different things could go wrong with chickens! I started keeping chickens about 4 years ago and my small flock of 8 to 12 has always been healthy and pretty worry free. I have 46 chicks(different breeds) coming from a hatchery on March 17 - I have never raised more than 3 or 4 babies at a time. I am still working on expanding the run and getting the brooders ready. I want to replace my current laying flock (well, some of it anyway) and also raise some for meat. All the breeds I have coming are dual purpose breeds that should be fairly hardy.

I did not have these chicks vaccinated for anything--should I call the hatchery and have them vaccinated after all?? If so, what should I vaccinate for? I am in the Gulf Coast area of Texas, is Marek's prevalent in this area? And what about that pox stuff that someone was having problems with? Is there a vaccination for that?

I am another granny that has gone and done it.........................now what do I do??? Help!

wishing, yes. it glows like yours only you can see all the imperfections in the stone and i am not crazy about it. lol Ol mare,
lau.gif
better that then what comes from the other end !!! Jackschicks, WELCOME !!
frow.gif
You read the whole thing ? wow, I dont even remember half of what is in there. This post , my troubles , are more of a murphys law, if it can , it will. Chickens are mostly a hardy critter. I dont think too many get the shots. some do. with that being said, there are tons of things that can go wrong and we deal with them one at a time. some are preventable ,some not. proper living quarters and the right food, clean brooders, not over crowding. these are the things that (in my opinion) that help the most. We did what we were told not to. that is introducing new birds from swaps, ect... with out quarantine . most important !!! just because they look healthy or someone swears their birds have never been sick, dont mean nothing. Which one of you girls uses a sacrifice bird ? that is the best way to go if you want to add. as far as shots and Texas I just dont know about those things. so, besides the meat birds, what kind did you order?

stupid computer ! shock wave couldnt load, ALL THE TIME !!!! yes, Enola, I think your way is the best. maybe even keep a few extra birds to use for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom