1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Porter herd bull for my Yaks Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    Say granny could your new sugar issues be do to the fact that you were eating home/daughter-cooked meals and are now back to your cooking?? Did she cook healthier?? Just a thought. Or have you been put on any new meds?? Vitiamiins??

2. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    New and just pushing his weight around is a nice way of saying he's a big jerk. You can't see a tongue piercing, so that shouldn't be a problem. She could wear a long sleeve shirt with tattoo art drawn on the shirt and that would be okay, so what if the art is on her arm? Shouldn't matter. Is there a person over the ceo jerk guy that you can talk to? If they take state or federal money, anti-discrimination laws are seriously enforced.

I do know autistic kids. They like their routines.

3. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    SORRY just re-read your post granny didn't realize the dress code is new. I don't think she/he can then be fired for the tats/piercing.

Wishing --- Schools have dress codes as to profanity and sexual things and they can and do send them home for that. Or racist slurs.

4. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Oh Twist. Lambs tails covered in crap! [​IMG] Ow, my stomach hurts now!

I asked if I could get my ears pierced when I was 13. Dad said sure, but I'm gonna do the piercing. Otherwise you wait til you're 18. Guess what happened! I never got them pierced!

5. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    just call it like I see it.

6. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    Good night all!!1

Camp best of luck on the hatchlings/hatchets/cheegs/chigs what ever you call a chick in transition from egg to bird.

Sweet dreams and warm fuzzies.

7. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Yeah, I used to teach. They can't wear anything that "disrupts the learning environment." No weapons now either (I mean printed on a t-shirt). Depends on your school board and principal too. Lots of room for interpretation, which is fine as long as the people have more common sense than a cabbage. Can't always count on that! Some kids got in trouble for wearing shirts with American flags on Cinco de Mayo. [​IMG] School officials said they were stirring up trouble. True, but seems the other kids looking for trouble have some responsibility too.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  8. campingshaws

campingshaws Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    I candled again. Only two live eggs of the 11 in there. They both have the tiny hairline pips, and one has been almost 24 hours. BUT they both wiggled and cheered when I picked up the eggs. I'm going to make a little hole and look inside to make sure they aren't glued in.

9. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    are you sure the others are dead ? do a pip hole in all of them I use a push pin into the air sac . need to candle first to make sure your not poking them.

10. campingshaws

campingshaws Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    I did for one. Some of the others are clear on both ends, and have places that look like blood rings, like the blood has settled. I'll look in them all before I chunk them.

And in better news, fluffy butts!!
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by