grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all, its 5:30 way too early to be getting up for me. My son is going to some card tournament today so yup, cant sleep. I do that all the time. whenever anything i have to do the next day I can bet on no sleep. $30.00 to enter, paid for my grandson +lunch and a 4 hr. wait because it is too far to come back home. I am not the one taking them though. The prize ? More cards of course. Just another way of taking advantage of children. Like game stop. sell you a game for 50 and buy it back for pennys on the dollar. . why am i doing it? because it is the first thing my son has wanted to do in years. and mixing with other people is good for him. At least that is what i am telling my broke a.. self this morning. Candled my polish mix last night and guessing they might be getting close to lock down so I put them in it. they didnt seem very active and when i put my Therm./hydro in there temp was reading 97. guess thats why i lost 3 . waited til this am and have bumped temp. up just a hair. I know my old bator is trash. dont know why i used it. I could put them in my new one seeing as how all those eggs were trash but at this stage of the game why bother. Mine does hold humidity well. 5 roosters so far from the serama babies. looking like maybe 6 . that will be half each but i dont know if they are related. Probably. they all look the same except the roosters are frizzled or silkied. so I am going to start out with 6 breeding pens in one of my coops and I will be able to add 3xs that many if needed but i dont think sooo... the run to that one is still not finished. If i were doing it myself it would be but of course, waiting on a man. works for about half an hr. on sundays waiting for an excuse to watch the walking dead over here. that is about the dumbest show i ever tried to sit through. Wish they would get that excited over education or a job. just saying... Had a dream last night that my DDs father beat his own mother to death. what does that mean? My Tom says it means i ate before i went to bed.

Hey, Granny, you always know who has what around here -- have you noticed any of the stores having Speckled Sussex or Welsummers this year? Orscheln's here in Madison was pretty useless and we know how well TSC sorts their birds, lol, but thinking maybe you've been a little farther afield since I have been purposefully NOT looking for/at chicks until now. Does either breed tend to be something you see at any of the swaps? (never did make it to any last year to see)

Last edited:
Chick pics!!

My six-day-old speckled sussex in between the LF splash cochins.

Half speckled sussex, half French black copper marans:

Half speckled sussex, half French black copper marans, and half speckled sussex, half australorp (roo?):

Silver-laced polish:

Gold-laced polish:

Buff-laced polish:

Last edited:
Hey, Granny, you always know who has what around here -- have you noticed any of the stores having Speckled Sussex or Welsummers this year? Orscheln's here in Madison was pretty useless and we know how well TSC sorts their birds, lol, but thinking maybe you've been a little farther afield since I have been purposefully NOT looking for/at chicks until now. Does either breed tend to be something you see at any of the swaps? (never did make it to any last year to see)
I have never seen SS but come mothers day across the river they had the very dark hatching eggs . is that what you are looking for? Did i have SS before? my memory is horrid. the only place i know of that had the good ones is no more. tsc in greensburg. they fired the woman that ordered them. KYs swap will have the best selection, get there early and watch for signs of illness. there is a swap april 4th at TSC madison but those dont ever have a great selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom