grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't the only egg with veins like that. But if you look at the Easter hatch along thread, everyone's pics have great big veins. I feel like I'm finally doing something right!

Then again, I don't usually candle on Day 12. So maybe by tomorrow night they'll look more like usual.

If your candler is strong enough, you can see all sorts of things.

When I first started candling, I was not using a flashlight with enough lumens. The best it could tell me was when the egg was full of chick. In other words ALL i could see was solid black and the air cell. Keep in mind this was when I was a kid, many moons ago.

I got the idea to candle eggs from the 'huckster' I worked for. He drove a 3/4 ton refrigerated truck to DC every week with cases of eggs that he delivered to restaurants and bakeries. We ran the eggs over a machine that candled the eggs, then we put the eggs in cartons after the machine 'sized' them.

When LED flashlights became popular, then I could really see what was inside of the developing eggs.

Oh, the whole point of my post is, get a stronger LED light, you will be amazed!

I also take a toilet paper roll and tape it around the end of the flaslight so ALL of the light shines through the egg. And I candle in a completely black room.

Last edited:
havent been to bed yet. lol starting to drag. 37 hrs. so I found 2 seramas yesterday that were going to the seymour swap. 1 1/2 hrs. from me. left at 8:30 bouncing all the way, find the right person and take a look at them. 2 little frizzled girls . beautiful ! I would of bought them too if i had remembered my wallet. back home, cars running funny. I asked Tom, is the tire low? nope its fine. ok well of course i grabbed the wallet and started back. hahaa 4 1/2 hrs. later they are in my hands ! The only reason they were still there is because the lady had a rooster running the lot they couldnt catch. on the way home finally. yup, flat tire. was very close to a garage so i whipped in. I have only had these tires for a week. both valve stems are leaking. I dont care , just got some air and came home. DD and all 6 GC are here waiting on us. No nap in sight for me. 6 hrs. on the road. they are very tame and pretty though.

havent been to bed yet. lol starting to drag. 37 hrs. so I found 2 seramas yesterday that were going to the seymour swap. 1 1/2 hrs. from me.  left at 8:30 bouncing all the way, find the right person and take a look at them. 2 little frizzled girls . beautiful !   I would of bought them too if i had remembered my wallet. back home, cars running funny. I asked Tom, is the tire low? nope its fine. ok well of course i grabbed the wallet and started back. hahaa  4 1/2 hrs. later they are in my hands !  The only reason they were still there is because the lady had a rooster running the lot they couldnt catch. on the way home finally. yup, flat tire. was very close to a garage so i whipped in. I have only had these tires for a week. both valve stems are leaking. I dont care , just got some air and came home. DD and all 6 GC are here waiting on us. No nap in sight for me. 6 hrs. on the road. they are very tame and pretty though. 

Aww granny went and done it again :lau

havent been to bed yet. lol starting to drag. 37 hrs. so I found 2 seramas yesterday that were going to the seymour swap. 1 1/2 hrs. from me. left at 8:30 bouncing all the way, find the right person and take a look at them. 2 little frizzled girls . beautiful ! I would of bought them too if i had remembered my wallet. back home, cars running funny. I asked Tom, is the tire low? nope its fine. ok well of course i grabbed the wallet and started back. hahaa 4 1/2 hrs. later they are in my hands ! The only reason they were still there is because the lady had a rooster running the lot they couldnt catch. on the way home finally. yup, flat tire. was very close to a garage so i whipped in. I have only had these tires for a week. both valve stems are leaking. I dont care , just got some air and came home. DD and all 6 GC are here waiting on us. No nap in sight for me. 6 hrs. on the road. they are very tame and pretty though.

What a day! I saw mention on FB about the runaway rooster at the swap - imagine it was quite the sight to see. You are definitely dedicated to make not one, but two trips in the same day all the way up there.

DS and I went out today intending to come home with 2 Welsummers, 2 Black Austrolrops and 2 red sex-links............came home with 4 Welsummers and two black sex-links
hmm.png
Had to meet the 6 chick minimum so I figure worst case scenario I can always sell some of these as started chicks if I find an opportunity to pick up the ones I was actually wanting.

oh the run away. hilarious ! them poor children run their little legs off trying to catch that thing. they almost lost one when i was there earlier too. felt sorry for the rooster too. it was very tired. that is the only reason i got the serama or they would of left. they were ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom