grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I was in the van for 6 hrs. I think today. I have already forgotten. I am waiting for DD to leave so i can go to bed.

2. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    at last !!! they are on there way and i can hit the sac. how many hrs. has it been ? lol she forgot one. not the same one either. guess he can entertain himself. night all

3. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    [​IMG] You did it again granny! I generally like driving in the car, but 6 hours! Wow! If you think about it, you were meant to have those birds. What are the chances the people were still there chasing a renegade rooster, and you didn't get the flat before you got them? Slim. Very slim. Someone was pulling strings. [​IMG]

4. Watermelon123

Watermelon123 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Northern Ohio,
    My freind drove to New York to get some birds. He drove 10 hours to get them. I usally drive 6 hours 1 way every couple months. Not for chicken things though.

5. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

The weather her has been really nice for the last week, we have even had windows open at night. . . . .

Yesterday morning I get up, Mike is under extra blankets...... He says I don't think the heaters are working....... No wonder! The windows are wide open, heaters blasting, all the heat going out the windows......

When I went to bed last night, I told him it was going to get cold, so I was setting the thermostat on the heaters to keep the house from getting cold.

I get up this morning I get up, ice cold in the house again. He turned the heaters off so it wouldn't get too hot!!!!!

He says, well it was warm when I got up to pee, so I turned the heaters off. I say that's why heaters have thermostats! He says well it was warm in here so I turned them off.

Pretty soon I am going to be afraid to leave him by himself. . .[​IMG]

6. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    thats what i thought too

7. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    weather is starting to be nice here. yesterday DD made a roast and must of spilt juice taking it out of the oven. GS goes to make a cake and the house filled up w/ smoke pretty fast. I have COPD , yes i smoke. I RAN out of the house to try and breath. it was awful.took a long time for me to be able to open my lungs back up enough to feel like i was getting enough air. So, whats the difference between my smoke and hers?? baby chick will not stop crying. it wont take enough time to even eat . I just dont know what to do with it. I have it with a divider from the seramas . maybe out of sight out of mind? I slept 11 hrs. LOL

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    what do you guys think about a pop door/ladder combo ? I would need to pick it up to latch it. think it would be too heavy?

9. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    BORED !!!!! mind going crazy but i have an idea for the pop door. its in the run so not life and death important. I have a fire place insert. hehee wonder how hard it would be to close the glass bi-fold doors ? Probably only close it in the winter. there was a very small space under the coop floor outside and i used firewood this thing would set on top of that.

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    will someone PLEASE stop me? 11 hrs. of sleep and bored dont mix. hahahaaa[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by