grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manychitlens

manychitlens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2014
    Northern California
    Yeah, I thought taking them to work every day was a little excessive, but you know, to each their own I guess, LOL! I don't know what she's going to when they are full size hens? Also seems to me like that would potentially open your birds up for diseases? Doesn't seem like you could do much bio security if your birds are actually at the feed store, right?

Ahh, it's so hard to resist the peeping!!! Stay strong friend, unless you don't WANT to stay strong, in which case please take lots of pictures so that I can live vicariously through you. :D

2. manychitlens

Feb 27, 2014
    Northern California
    Wishing how is your hen today? Any change?

3. manychitlens

Feb 27, 2014
    Northern California

Im so gullible, I should really just avoid the public and the Internet on April 1st, LOL! I was riveted by the coyote story. ;)

4. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Last year the big joke was...... Line all your nests with aluminum foil and your hens will go broody.... Even moderators were in on it..... Stupid, stupid, stupid.......

5. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    She is a little better. Comb is starting to perk up slightly. She's had this before, some sort of yeast infection. I only know to call it thrush, but there is probably some poultry specific name. Diet heavy in yogurt has cured her the last two times, so we'll see.

6. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Granny, the coyote story was great. I was scared! My only April fools day joke was to tell the boys, after forcing them out of bed to get ready for school, oh! I forgot! You don't have school today. Hehee! They were confused and doubtful, but just as the joyous feeling started coming over them... April Fools! Hahaha! Apparently I am the meanest mother in the world. [​IMG] Just part of my mothering mission to keep them on their toes.

The BYC joke is good. Not too over the top this year.

1 person likes this.
  7. Watermelon123

Watermelon123 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Northern Ohio,
    When I was in 4th grade I played a HUGE prank on my teachers. I rounded up all the kids and led them into an emty classroom. They searched every room, when they got to us, we screamed at the top of our lungs, APRIL FOOLS! I think we did it because all of them gave us tests that day. It was fun though.[​IMG]

What's the BYC prank this year?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  8. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    aww, come one Enola, it was a good story. hahaaa everyone has to have a little fun sometimes. And you could of smacked me anyway . Way better then the time my son scotch taped my bedroom doorway for me to walk into. 3 rolls later and he was no where to be found. hahaaa I remember the foil last yr. watermellon, hahaaaaa

9. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    aww crap ! wonder if its the mods stepping down? I just told the owner off for nothing hahaaaa

10. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

-Kathy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by