grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vintagegem

vintagegem Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2014
    Michigan
    The best kind I'd say [​IMG]...I didn't know you could see the people reading your thread...how cool. Have to say that yours is the first thread I read when I log on each day, I enjoy it so much!

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    aww, thank you ! you are a gem. If you scroll down the whole page on the right side you will see members viewing and how many guests. It is cool, that way i can see if any one is ignoring me. LOL

3. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Do you see me???

4. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    I'm here too! [​IMG]

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    LOL you guys ! problem is , i keep missing you. I guess i can tell about last night now. I got paid back pretty good for my april fools joke. the post about the mods. having to step down. I told nifty if its not broke, why fix it? and a few other words..... I come back here and watermellon says, "wonder what the joke will be this yr' . and a light bulb busted in my head ! oh nooo..so i went back and mentioned the foil from last yr. Kathy seen it before it was pulled and a pm to me telling me to hush. So then i have to tell @ Casportpony to keep it quiet (something i dont like to do btw) and a mod searching my post to remove anything that was said here about it. I am sweating bullets by this time . Luck was on my side as Kathy posted that beautiful little roo of hers and changed the subject ! I so had that coming !!! [​IMG]

6. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Trying to figure out how to copy paste pictures but its a no go. so this will have to do i guess. Today is light it up blue for national autism awareness !!! A wonderful thing IMO .

1 person likes this.
  7. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    Hi all. Been stalking the thread but no time to post what with byc doing its usual things to me. But working today. Nothing at the auction that I could afford was interested in the 390 bushel torpedo style bin. It went for close to 5,000.00 way to much oil money north of Dickinson.
    30 days until the 100 chicks get here, still not ready but maybe soon LOL. Still have 5 or rapists to butcher ( dark Cornish roos) they hunt the hens like a wolf pack / separate on hen from the flock and then take multiple turns on her. I do have them separated from the hens now so they are killing the smallest ones in their "pack" Got a lovely letter from the city tax assessor, they raised the motel value by almost 40 % went from 497,000 to 690,000. afraid to raise to much hell as one of the big hotels here in town got bumped from 16,000,000 to 22,000,000 in one year. Keep in mind property sales prices around here are now stable or dropping as the boom dies out. Care to guess weither next year the city will drop the values??

Granny are your Egyptians and actual breeding pair if so why not try hatching some of their eggs.

Sorry about the bunny.

Camping how's the broody doing on the bator eggs??

as they say in the south of Germany Gute Nobbin y'all (good night)

8. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Hey Twist, she's good. Thanks for asking. Her crop feels more than empty, kind of squishy. I have scratch and chick starter with her, plus water with electrolytes and probiotics that I had mixed up for the chicks. I've seen poop in her broody box, so I think she's doing good. I've yet to catch her off those eggs since being separated from the flock, and having her own private food.

I caught my little tomboy hen sitting on five eggs, and she gave me quite a scolding for picking them. There was an egg on the coop floor where someone had scratched out a nest. So guess the little tomboy has been guarding that box for awhile. I wouldn't mind giving her some of the SS eggs, if she's really broody. Another first-timer.

9. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I have a new one go broody that as far as i know has never laid an egg. Hi Scott, yes they are a bonded pair. I am just kinda tired of all these different cages to water. one or 2 coops is ok but its a bit much for me.

10. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Have you guys seen the new commercial with the two red roosters? One is the father and one is the daughter...... And they are both roosters! Mike thinks it is hilarious. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by