1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Aww that's too bad, maybe they will stop soon. I have a bunch of hens right now that are getting picked at so much that they have lost a bunch of feathers. I have fed them all flock raiser every since they went off chick food so the lack of protein shouldn't be the problem. The crazy thing is the picking didn't start until after winter. They free range most of the day so being crowded isn't a issue, but by morning more are picked at.

2. campingshaws

campingshaws Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

Husband suggested snake bite, because when he let her out before supper she came back soaking wet and we have cotton mouths on the property. But I didn't see anything like that. She's had seizures before, but not one in a while. I think it just must have been her heart. :(

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  3. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I think cottonmouth would of stopped the heart as well. you may both of been right. explains the barking.

4. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

She was a yappy thing. Barked to go out, barked to come in. Barked if someone came home. Barked if she lost her bone, and barked if she found it. That part I won't miss. It didn't sound particularly distressed; I thought they were just reminding me they wanted supper.

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    She sounds like one of mine. I babysit a friends dog last week and mine has picked up a couple habits. barking at farts and jumping on the couch. its hard to break them once they start. Havent heard from Twisted in a while. Trying to make me worry again.

1 person likes this.
  6. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Porter herd bull for my Yaks Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    Here I am (jumping out from behind I don't know something) Popped in a couple time to stay current sort of. Been busy. Carpet installers will be here June 1 to do 3 rooms so finishing up the little things b/4 he gets here. We are pulling carpet and pad as the blood keeps wicking up through the carpet. Insurance is going to cover some the cost I guess. Got a letter from them on Monday that they will no long insure my motel because I have outside entrances. So I have until august to find a new carrier, dirty sob's main reason I am putting the claim in on that room. Adjuster claims that I "only have to replace the parts of the pad that were damaged" seriously?? Chicks are still doing great no losses!!!! That nasty
    flu" bug I had is still keeping me company. Had a birthday dinner for a friend on Sat bbq ribs ( I par-boil them with "goodies first), taters with onions, butter and seasonings. salad. And since I don't do cakes birthday pie her choice was lemon merangue made from scratch they both were complete with home-rendered lard for the crust. Nephew back was gone over the weekend to visit "girlfriend". Have been saving my rebate cards from Menard's and went and got a 16 inch front tine rototiller today, My cash outlay for it -0- and still have over 100.oo in rebate cards stashed around here. Gotta love free!!

So sorry about your pup there camp I always think that quality of life is much more important the quanity. And she had the quality!!

Water -- so sorry about the bun bun

Have set mouse traps out in the backyard. Not for mice mind you but beth is becoming a digger so setting traps in holes she has started. So far she's set of 3 traps in the first couple hours but nothing since hopefully she is a quick learner about this. God knows her grandmother wasn't , we also think she is over her fasicanation with nephew's socks and Eating wallpaper (last time she did it right in front of me got swatted and then a flying lesson out of the office area (had guest checking in so she got off lightly) but she still likes to "eat" rugs thinking maybe dosing them with Lysol (liquid concentrate) on the spots she starts with. Can't decide if Lu is preggers or just fat/baby belly hoping just fat. Missallette stayed true to her lesibian beliefs and went through another season still a virgin. May have to get serious about the turkey baster solution evidently just showing it to her and making threats in a bad impersonation of cornel Klink (Hogan's heros') "ve have vays of getting vat ve vant" wasn't enough.

Had a couple of cloud bursts roll through today looking like a couple of downspouts are clogged.

I think that's all for now. So Sweet Dreams and warm fuzzies to all.

7. Suzierd

Suzierd Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Good to hear from you Twist I was starting to wonder too.
    Camping so sorry about your pup.
    It seems to be the time for being sick I am starting to feel better finally. Hope everyone else gets to feeling better.

8. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Lost a chick. My favorite, of course. I need to get them spread out more. I think it just got crushed by the others.

9. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Twist, you are a hard task master. mouse traps? sounds a little hard. very funny though. I know a few people i would like to try that on. Glad to hear you are getting some better. Entertaining women folk is why we havent heard from him. [​IMG] . sorry about the chick camping . someone told me even if you use cardboard , make all your brooders round. It stops them from piling on top of each other.

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I am getting it now. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by