grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope it doesn't last long for you granny, I have a lingering cough I think is going to stick around awhile.
Drink lots of fluids!
1f60a.png

My internet is down so I have to use my phone instead of my iPad and I don't see the icons? Don't get them on mobile?
Looks like the eggs I gave Evey are no good nothing hatching yet getting pretty late. I'm a bit nervous about her laying again I hope and pray she doesn't prolapse again. If nothing hatches soon I'm going to let her back with the rest poor thing has to go thru the picking order again. I hate that part. I have a hard time staying out of it.
Dumped my frog pond today it was looking nasty and only had one Polly wog and lots of dragon fly larva so I know what happened to my frogs. At least I saved one.

uum ? I dont. does the dragon fly larva eat the tadpoles ? SIL came in the other night and asked me what makes the braaaa sound. Or something like that. LOL told him it was the bullfrogs. they are everywhere around here. I see them draging around after the cat eats the legs off. they are still alive . very disturbing.

Oh no dragging around with no legs? That's terrible
1f61e.png
poor frogs.
I love the little tree frogs so I put a kid pool out for them to lay eggs in. And the dragonfly larvae dang near wipe them out. I have to keep a closer eye on them.

ya, I dont like to see that. I guess the cat knows what is the right part to eat but you would think they would die. tree frogs are cute. we dont have them here.

Was late locking up the chickens and found something gross on the porch. Just saw black hindquarters and long skinny tail. So a rat, or a baby possum? Either way, I locked everything up extra well. Husband ran out with a .22 but no shoes, no light, and no glasses. :/ Not his most helpful moment.

Last edited:
Was late locking up the chickens and found something gross on the porch. Just saw black hindquarters and long skinny tail. So a rat, or a baby possum? Either way, I locked everything up extra well. Husband ran out with a .22 but no shoes, no light, and no glasses.
hmm.png
Not his most helpful moment.

LOL - did he at least have clothes on? I suppose he at least gets an "A" for effort.......

Heaven help me - was reading a thread yesterday that lead me to start searching a couple of hatchery sites for information and I found myself building a "shopping cart" planning for next year's chick order........it's bad, it's so bad....I mean, the minimum order is 25, what's a girl to do??? (don't tell the husband, but I'm over 25 and still thinking of ones I want to add - this hatchery has minimum of 5 per breed, so I figure order 5 of each and that gives me wiggle room to have a surprise cockerel or two to get rid of and/or sell a couple of girls from any group I don't want five hens out of.
I'm thinking that next fall is going to be my big reset for the flock as most of my current birds will be finishing their second laying season and going into their next molt - if I order big in the spring those babies will just be coming into production about the time I'm ready to clear out some older birds. Working on the "sacred chicken" list now to see just how many I can plan to be replacing and, surprisingly, that list is really, really short - I'm not nearly as attached to the individual birds as I am to having a flock in general I guess. So far only 3 of the 15 I started last year are on the "keeper" list - then the two pullets that hatched last fall (honestly, may only keep one of them - I like her egg color) and the five from this spring will depend on how well they end up producing between now and then I suppose.

hmm..... whatcha getting Ol male ? I have never ordered from hatchery. I like the sound of extras though. hahaaa Cats are evil ! A day hasnt gone by that this new one hasnt tried to eat the chicks in the house.

Ok, the antibiotic I was taking stripped my guts. That is why I have had diarrhea so long. I am taking probiotics and Pepto Bismol and drinking lots of fluids. When my appetite comes back I can eat a bland diet. I am sooooooo sick of being sick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom