grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granny, you need to start doing stand up comedy! Made me laugh right out, and I'm not in the best mood either, so thanks for the lift. Getting lots of lemonade from those lemons.

We had actual real rain last night and this morning. Probably less than a tenth of an inch, but blissful while it lasted. Warm too. Was the remnants of a hurricane down in Baja.

So, hubs is on another trip for work. Was supposed to be gone for about a week, but ended up staying an extra week to get some problems taken care of, and that turned into a full 3 weeks. Should have been home tonight, but no flights available until Monday.
hmm.png
That's a long time away from home. But, he got treated to dinner at a Mexican restaurant last night. In China! Really! The world's getting smaller.

Oh poor Ziva. Hope all that helps her. What kind of dog is she? Wondering just how fun bath time is going to be! I wash Belle out on the driveway with a hose hooked up to warm water. She's too big for the tub. She doesn't like it except for the part where her rump gets scrubbed real good.
big_smile.png

Belle hasn't had anything that requires a vet visit so far, thank heavens. She started chewing one more time, so I upped her benadryl dose for a couple of days. Found the cause on the little dog's head... flea dirt. Haven't had that problem in over a year, but Belle reacts pretty badly to fleas, so good I caught it right away. She gets benadryl every night and I finally got some coconut oil to see if it helps her dry flaky skin.

She's a GSD. The funny thing is, as much as she hates baths, she is obedient about getting in and out of the tub. We have a garden style tub in the master bath (my chick brooder, lol) so she fits all right and you just have to tell her "over" to get her to hop over the side. She just spends the entire bath complaining (loudly) about the whole affair. DD did one bath outside last summer and she made such a fuss the neighbors had actually come over to be sure everything was all right because it sounded like someone was torturing an animal to death (which Z thought was the case) - she's VERY "talky" anyway, seriously talks back more than either of my human kids ever have, so when she's upset it goes into overdrive. DH says as mouthy and sassy as she is she is "definitely your dog"
hmm.png
.....not sure what he's trying to say
idunno.gif
but I'll take it as a compliment
tongue.png

The Apoquel they gave us is a new medicine - in fact Z's the first animal this practice has used it for, so she's the guinea pig - and so far it is seeming like miracle drug for her (apparently it either really works or really doesn't from what they told us). It really is like someone just flipped a switch and turned off every bit of her itch. No itching will allow her to heal and recover from the skin infections that have developed from all the licking and chewing. The first night she just wanted to sleep (must have been nice to not be constantly irritated by the itching - she hadn't had a decent sleep in some time) - and yesterday when I got home from work she was a whole new dog -- made my heart happy.

Good morning all. Enola what is a GSD???? Another grey day here so far. So humid for ND that can mow tall grass mower plugs up. Have to hit menard's in a few for another palate of cement then off to the farm to do more ties. I hear egg prices are going up around here as well maybe I should raise mine to $1.75 from $1.50 but sort of seems like price gouging and taking advantage of others misfortune. Hark I hear big foot (size 12) aka nephew stirring upstairs. Sorry about your ac problems there granny I don't do well in the heat/humidity either seems like my brains melt and flow downhill. TTFN all.

morning, its a german shephard or guard dog. i am melting for sure. menards must really like you . lol hope you get it done soon ! thanks for the compliment wishing. the post didnt make much sense to me after i read it. no spacing or something . ol mare glad the doggie is better . i dont like new meds. but if it works thats great !

Morning Granny!

Health update: my turkey medicine is working!

How is the AC situation coming!

Glad your meds are working - had to smile at the turkey med thing, can't tell you how many times we'd joke at work (back in my farm store days) about just heading to the animal health department anytime someone was sick or hurt - pretty sure I could have cured, operated on, stitched up and bandaged just about anything with what was available over there and my "vast medical knowledge"
lau.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom