grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a little confused. Its the flu. how can eggs never incubated infect your flock ? Ol mare, do you eat cottage cheese ? thats another no no on my list. Lisa, I would drink the chickens probiotics before i would put a spoon of yogurt on my lips. LOL

The eggs were incubated. He turned them over this morning. He said they were chirping inside the eggs.

I have a feeling if the pea chicks test positive, he will lose his entire flock. IF he can fight off the authorities that long......

I am a little confused. Its the flu. how can eggs never incubated infect your flock ? Ol mare, do you eat cottage cheese ? thats another no no on my list. Lisa, I would drink the chickens probiotics before i would put a spoon of yogurt on my lips. LOL

The transmission risk would be that the eggs had virus on them, the person handled those eggs in the incubation process and then went on to either go out and directly handle the other birds in their flock and/or handled items that were taken to the main coop - transferring the illness. Kind of like transmission in humans where an infected person touches an object and later you come along and touch the same object and, in the process, are infected. IMO the risk of such a transmission would be fairly slim given the time that would have been involved in the shipping of the eggs, during which time the virus would not have been actively in a host to provide life support, but
idunno.gif

Nope - cottage cheese is another BIG nope for me - it's worse than yogurt because all I can think when I look at it is maggots.

The bad thing is if the eggs/pea chicks test positive, they were on his property........meaning destruction and removal of his flock will then be justified......

Wishing him all the luck I can muster up and send .......

LOL Ol mare ! me either . its spoiled milk.
sickbyc.gif
I understand about the eggs now. thank you. lost electric for a little while because of storms. I was starting to panic when it came back on. hahaa The air is not cooling like it was before but it is cold in my bedroom so thats good enough for me . when i went to bed last night it was 76 in the house and 64 in my room. slept like a baby. its always the coldest room in the house winter too and the farthest away from the source. GS is out feeding. I dont feel great today. better then yesterday but not good enough.

@ Enola gonna sound stupid but i am sure its not my first. thinking back to an episode of Family Guy. Peter didnt like his religion so he started the church of Fonz . LOL point being church and state are 2 different entities. So if the man that has the healthy flock worshiped his peafowl (as snake handlers do) then they couldnt touch them right? I didnt want to put it over there because a lot of my ideas are hair-brained . thought i would ask here first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom