grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
when i am bad i FORCE myself to get up and do something totally stupid. like walk in the rain, naked . hahaaa Or make hubby some coffee and add peppermint . you know, fun stuff !

I'll keep that in mind next time it rains around here- don't drive by Granny's place
lau.gif

If I can get someone to work lunch :)fl) then I'll work in the yard today. That always makes me feel better. I need to get building on a safer place for these babies that are about to hatch.

Good beautiful morning, al!!

@campingshaws - I understand the struggle. I hope that today is a better/brighter day for you and, if no, know that my inbox, ear, heart and mind are always open. I know it is hard to do when you feel like you have so many things that have to be done, but do try to find even just five minutes of time today to give to yourself.

DD is headed home today after having spent the last 9 days on a trip to Costa Rica - the photos she has posted so far have all be so beautiful and I can't wait to have her get home so she can tell me ALL about it because from the looks of things they have had a fabulous time full of lots of adventures. I am so happy that she has had the opportunity to travel to another country and experience another culture (this was a trip with FFA, so they were not just being tourists and actually got to experience things other than sitting on a pretty beach) and hope that this is the first of many world adventures she has ahead of her in life. She's home for a couple of weeks and then is departing to Ft. Knox for a month long training (she's going to college on a full ROTC scholarship) - have to laugh at that one as they are having her drive to Indianapolis to be flown to Louisville where she'll be picked up and driven to Ft. Knox. Granny likely already sees the flaws with this plan - for those not living here, the issue is that where we live is about an hour NE of Louisville - and an hour South of Indy - Ft. Knox is about an hour SW of Louisville. So - they are having DD drive an hour North to Indy, to get on a plan and be flown right back over our house and an hour further SW to Louisville
hmm.png
- that, ladies and gentleman, is your government - and tax $$ - at work. She told her scheduler that we could just drive her to the Louisville airport to meet up with the transport to Knox, but that "didn't make sense" to them......military logic, spent years dealing with it while DH was in and now DD is getting her own introduction.

I have actually done that granny... when i was having hot flashes i would be on my back porch alot not caring who saw me and yes the rain felt great...

camping think good thoughts and do things that you love to do...we are all here for you..how many baby chicks are you hatching ? and what kind..nothing is cuter than a baby chick..

Thanks, y'all. The worst thing when I get like this is that nothing is enjoyable. So it's hard to just find quiet time to do something I like, because I don't like anything right now. And if I sneak off to be alone, then I feel super guilty for not spending that time with my kids.

But I'm already feeling better. Had a long talk with DH yesterday and he was very supportive. I handled a situation gently this morning, instead of passive aggressively, and was amazed with how well the other party responded. Then I got to shower and shave my legs, sit down for breakfast at the table, and put on makeup. Little things that help me feel normal.

And I handled all the juvies this morning. They're so tame when they're hungry. :lau

Danna, I'm hatching speckled sussex and speckled sussex mixes. I only have the sussex roo (of breeding age) but I have an australorp hen and barnyard mix tomboy hen. I think some of their eggs are in the mix. No marans eggs this time, because she is broody too. They've been cobrooding without incident, but I need to separate them before hatch because I have a sneaking suspicion that they will kill each other's babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom