grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    "From tiny acorns mighty oaks grow"

Do you know how many years I have been looking for "acorn" trees ? [​IMG] It was but this year I realized I already have them.

2. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Didn't hurt hardly at all. I have my hubby's name on my ankle. Name is in a ribbon over a heart with flames at the top. The bright colors fade if you're in the sun a lot. Mine needs recolored. I'd like to get a little newfie on my other ankle.

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Acorn trees :gig
    Have just looked at the link there are some really nice ones there. I hope things grow and grow for them.

That's good to hear Newfie that it didn't hurt too much maybe I should push myself to get one done!!

I would like something like this ~

[​IMG]

4. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    thats cute newfie. is that what it would say? I guess it depends where its put too. my DD has a big one across her chest that she said was her most painful. It says MOM. hahaa My husband has 2 he did himself old school needles and a broken ink pen. heart on each side of his arm with his name on one side. (so he dont forget) LOL

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I like that york [​IMG]

6. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop

Quote:
    I have a tattoo and can honestly say it didn't hurt at all - I'd jump at the chance to get another (or two or three, lol), but I have never been able to settle on just what I want....and I have a hard time convincing myself that's something that I should be spending $$$ ( I have a hard time spending money on myself for anything). DH has several - the whole, "stereotypical military guy" thing I guess, lol.

Wow- that does surprise me, like Granny I had just always read you as being older than that.

Oh, Granny -- this is one of the many reasons I love you (hope that doesn't come across weird)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  7. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Noooo, Not weird at all. Thank you [​IMG] Tell you what, go see him and tell him I sent you and I expect a deal . He will

8. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Get a look at their actual work on skin. It is permanent.

9. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Oy - well, at least it gives you yet another "remember when" memory to look back on together down the road and laugh about. I hear you on the dually part, NOT a fan of driving them at all.

Sounds like our Aeryn, an Easter Egger, she is flat nuts -- she's DD's chicken, reminds me a lot of DD, just saying. I don't remember my Polish being like that when I had them many years back (like, back in the stone ages when I was in 4-H), but I didn't spend near as much time messing with them as I did my cochins so it may be they were nuts and I just never noticed. I liked using them for 4-H because they were different and something no one else in our county had so it was easy for them to be noticed and stand out in the poultry barn.

First of all, {{{{ hugs }}}}} -- I lost my dad when I was 17 and all these years later still get emotional when I think of all the parts of my life he wasn't there for.

Yep - birds with head-dress tend to be overly reactive due to impaired vision *and* the head dresses can draw extra (negative) attention from flock mates - so it's a perfect storm of their head feathering being attractive to picking and them being ill-equipped to see it coming/get away.

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Did you look at the link newfie ? He is very good at what he does. been at it for many years. He had people calling him from Ohio and KY. already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by