grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you. it dont look as good as hers though. took me around 4 hrs. for that. did you see the angle wings on the mirror ? thats the one that says mom then a saying with the yr. on the back. where you been? we missed you !

ooh, I cant stand them things. they gross me out. tell you how far gone i am, I planted some Kataba trees one right next to the coop. 2nd yr. in the ground and they all ready have the kataba worms on them. I planted them for the chickens. LOL they are really good to fish with too if you can stand it. I have fished with them but i didnt prepare them. and that means pinching the head off, using a stick and turn it underside out.
sickbyc.gif
there aint a fish made that wont bite them . I take the water hose and knock them off then let the chickens have at them. very nice Blooming shade trees . they get a long green bean type thing on them after bloom.

My dad planted a couple of those trees for the same reason but he had guineas. I could always remember the name because I started drinking a pink Catawba wine in college.
lau.gif
Not too much turkey (don't like it). I had a couple of bad days and couldn't sit at the computer, DH had surgery on his eye so I've had to drive him everywhere. Don't know what I'll do when he retires - he drives me crazy, er um crazier! My poor little Olive is having such a hard molt, she is almost naked bless her little heart. My Brahmas had a very light molt and my Australorp has never had a complete one, just a few feathers here and there. The little bantam looks pretty ragged too. They have all been acting a little weird every since the eagle attack. He came back 3-4 days so we put fishing line up in several places from the gutters to the trees and fence. He still flies over but no way to get down here now but they still hang out under their coops or under bushes or close to the trees. We had a couple of weeks of really nice weather high 60's to low 70's but now it's back up to 80 and the humidity is about the same. That's one thing I really miss due to living in Florida is the changing seasons. Twisted - 14 batches of fudge?!?!?!?
ep.gif
You must be feeding an army. I thought I did a lot. I do about 4 plus peppermint, pecan and almond bark. The most difficult is finding a day that isn't so humid to do the peanut butter fudge. Campingshaws hope you had a nice trip. No one takes care of your babies like you do no matter how well you school them. We are their mommas and are so much more observant and concerned.

I go in Tuesday for the Dr to clip another nerve in my back. Arthritis is the pits and it so interferes with what I want to do.

Last edited:
Mrsc, you have to have surgery ? and its again? Does it help? my husband and i both have collapsed bones w/ nerve encroachment. His being way worse then mine. its in his neck no one has mentioned to us about cutting the nerve. scary stuff. will you have a driver by then? Hope you feel better soon. the trees I planted, I had guineas at the time too. thought they would love them.

My chickens are being naughty !! Its time for their meds and it wont stop raining. I gave it to them once and they started drinking the rain so i went to tsc and bought 4 bags of shavings, well that didnt stop them. they just dug a hole in the run about 3ft. long x1ft. wide and now have plenty of rain water to drink. I filled the hole up and they are now busily working on digging another.

Enola, can you post a picture of the thermometers at wal-mart you were talking about ? I threw away the 4 serama eggs, still have 4 in there with my big eggs. day 7 i think.

When my kids gets off the bus we're going to stay overnight with some friends and help him process some meat birds tomorrow.

I put my two sickly hens out today; it's t-shirt warm and day 4 of the tylan. Still pale combs and a squinty eye each, but walking fine and eating great. I finally got the safeguard and sevin powder so I'm going to do that Sunday. The withdrawal on safeguard is 14 days? Not like I've been getting eggs, anyway. :/

My poor orpingtons are so funny. Every now and then they realize they're HUGE and stand up for themselves, but mostly they spend their time trying to hide underneath the other pullets. :lau

My poor orpingtons are so funny. Every now and then they realize they're HUGE and stand up for themselves, but mostly they spend their time trying to hide underneath the other pullets.
lau.gif
I have one SLW/Cochin mix that weighs in at around 10 lbs. She is absolutely huge! and she is the same way. It is definitely funny.

I have the same thing as you and your DH granny. This is mid back now and it will sometimes take my breath away. I had the low back done a few months ago and it's all good - at least for now. Neck was taken care of years ago. You definitely don't want to go through TSA with me. Even though I produce cards showing all my prosthetics, it still takes them forever to scan me. Doug will be able to drive me - he drove today and was fine as nearly all the swelling is gone. Thanks.

My husband is the same way at the airport. cracks me up !! he hates it . especially when i tell them he needs a cavity search they took my tooth paste one time.
hmm.png

was just reading on american serama thread.
sickbyc.gif
hide.gif
last post kinda makes me rethink them.

I wouldn't worry about that too much. If they're allowed to be chickens, then the roosters are interested in hens, not people.
D.gif
I still have 4 broodies. 3 of them are 6 month olds. Thought I'd be getting a few mini eggs, instead of ferocious little squawky nest defenders.

The only thing I've found odd about my Seramas is that non-Seramas are not seen as part of the flock. Even my small Silkie and bantam cochins. The cockerel tolerates them, but doesn't socialize, if you know what I mean. One time he chased off one of my bolder large fowl hens. At least he's maturing into a good protector. Keeps watch while the girls run around looking for goodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom