grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
The marigold was from a "wildflower mix" bag of seed I got from TSC. I put a ton of them in a little bed, and when all the baby plants were about 3-4 inches the chickens broke through the fence and ate EVERYTHING. Except this one single flower. It's a survivor!
lau.gif

I guess to get seeds I'll have to wait for the bloom to dry, right? Like not cut it, just let it wither and shrivel.

yes, thats how its done. then after its good and dry open the flower and collect the long seeds. they will have black on the very end. I also have that same bag from TSC. LOL only mine is now 3 yrs. old and past planting im sure. BUT, I should be able to buy them again. keep my fingers crossed there is one like that in there.

You are right granny..the vines are huge and green..the tomatoes little and not doing good..i have been frying them..thats ok too i love fried green tomatoes.

droolin.gif
sliced thin so they cook tender and not too dark with egg dipped corn meal and a little flour !!! oh, and tons of salt.

Tons of space here but after the 5-6th year of disappointment I realize the only tomato i will get here is cherrys in a pot. thats ok though because there is a garden stand on every road...

Yes!! Thank God for garden stands! There is one on the main drag to town. Beautiful tomatoes, sandwich sized slices - $1 a pound

Baby crook neck squash is $1 a pound. Once he realizes you are a regular customer, he will weigh your produce and then add a couple of squash to the bag.

I love supporting the local farmers. I don't know why but nothing grows here. All of the flowers I had outside in pots have died, except my iris plants. I had a tomato plant last summer that managed to grow one tomato all summer. Despite being mulched and watered regularly. Just when it started to ripen, blue jays pecked it full of holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom