grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny thing was I really didn't have to resort to physical discipline very often. If you straighten out the offender promptly a time or 2 in front of the rest it sets an example.

Don't forget we were outnumbered. 8 - 2. If they had ever figured that out we'd have been goners. There was duct tape in the house.

They were actually quite well behaved when they were young. I miss those days. They were wonderful. :)

Oh boy I'm tired already :old 180 odd posts and half an hour to read through all that. Didn't get chance to read it all this morning had to dash out. Hope everyone is not too bad today?

The cheese things sound delicious :drool KFC over here don't do them but Mc D's occasionally do something similar and I always get them YUM YUM but the calories BAD BAD BAD!!

I've never smacked Charlie never had to. With only having him we have quite a lets say relaxed approach to parenting and he's always been treated as equal and you only have to change the tone of your voice. He's a bit lippy of late with his quick remarks but knows when he has pushed it too far!! Some stuff he comes out with is just hysterical and how he thinks of it so quick I don't know :lau

Done nothing but rain today again!! But should be better rest of the week.

For those having trouble on mobile adding pics, I too have been having problems. They just won't load from mobile. Try switching to desktop version, little grey box at the bottom of every page.

Last edited:
Morning all. Hope everyones day starts out better then mine. 2 hours sleep now, a nail in the tire. Got to looking, need a couple new tires anyway. Well gotta go now and see if I can talk someone outta two tires. Lord knows I'm broke.
ick, What a Monday you are having already.

Granny haven't you ever heard the saying wait till your father gets home?

Yes, funny thing is he was the kindest, most gentle soul and would likely have died before he'd raise a hand to us, but for some reason the threat of having disappointed him or having him know my failings struck more fear in my heart than all of my mom's discipline, I remember swats with wooden spoons, but never any actual whoopings, etc. I don't do physical punishment as a parent myself.

Last edited:
I need some help ! tolbunt polish. looking sleepy, not active guess thats why i thought they were so tame. Picked them up today and there is NOTHING to them. they are starving ! I should know this but i dont. they were good weight when i got them. no illness signs at all. I gave them denaguard when i first got them as a preventative , ya i know, not good but i want them healthy with no chances. I gave them wormer yesterday. safeguard. after i seen the shape they are in I cooked them breakfast. dozen eggs, oats, cat food, corn, fresh dandelion leaves, kidney beans. they did eat like they were starved. I have contacted seller to see what she fed. waiting on an answer.

Coccidiosis? That's always my first thought when my new birds get lethargic. They don't have any immunities built for the strains your birds carry.

Of course if they're starving, then just eating will help. Mine won't eat pellets. They'd rather die I guess.

camping, would that cause them to starve ? should i dump the wormer and give them some cocci meds ? gave them the wormer in the water yesterday

i have a lot of catching up to do..154 post..today is a dreaded dentist appt. rather do anything and not any dental insurance..i need fillings..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom