Graphic Picture.....Deformed chick at 22 days in bator..(Dead)

sheena85

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 11, 2012
Hart County,Kentucky
Ok so my Chick Peeped last night...it did it all wrong and died from it :( instead of going all the way around the egg pipping it made a small whole in the top of the egg and when i went down this morning to check on it it was already dead....so i did not know how long it had been that way so i very gently broke away the rest of the egg to discover it did not have any wing's....just little knob's there...i looked it over very good and there were no wings at all....i have never seen one that was hatched without wings so i guess these thing's happen for a reason.....
please let me know what you think.....and i am sorry if it offends anyone but you clicked on it knowing the title said Graphic Picture so No rude Comment's Please.....

I am Heart Broken...but i know i did everything right and temp and humd...was perfect through out the 21 days....i guess sometime's it happen's........

Poor little guy. Never seen anything like that before. Just had a little genetic glitch? The only thing I ever had happen was years and years ago and the egg shell stuck to one but with a little help she was able to be a perfectly healthy hen.

Awwe.....
I was heart broken but i have been setting here looking stuff up and if it had lived it would have been miserable it's whole life...i am just glad it happened when it did and it's not going to have to suffer from anything :( i know it would have not had much a life with no wing's and it would prolly be picked on by the other's....

aww poor baby!! I'm sorry! Your right sometimes things like that happen, there is nothing you could have done.
sad.png
it's crazy that it started to hatch at all, what a fighter!

aww poor baby!! I'm sorry! But you're right things like that happen sometimes, there's nothing you could have done.
sad.png
It's crazy that it even started to hatch, what a fighter!!

yes i know...my mother told me that most of the time when they have something wrong with them they don't even try to hatch....But it was wanting to come out...

I want to thank everyone for your compassion :) i did not know that it was possible to become attached to something like an egg but i found out real quick that i can....i know it may sound crazy but caring for them for 21 days and (talking to them ) lol yep i am guilty of that....it was very sad to have to see this and i hope next time i have better luck...but thanks again everyone for you support :)

Back
Top Bottom