Great signs to put at the end of your driveway

A.T. Hagan :

"Overweight, middle-aged nudists use this property."

LOL!
sickbyc.gif

Hey the naked sign might work! At our last place, I was just getting out of the shower one afternoon and the door bell rang. I though that it was my neighbor because she had called earlier saying she had a sick horse she might need help. So, I called out, "I'll be right there, I'm naked!" Well, it wasn't my neighbor it was the old ladies handing out religious pamphlets. By the time I got to the door (dressed by the way) they were leaving. I never saw them again and I think my address was "blacklisted". I guess being naked at 3 o'clock in the afternoon was not proper.
roll.png

I was always very polite to those ladies too. Some were "country style" neighbors, you know the kind that live 5 miles away, but you still consider them neighbors. I went to school with their kids when I was little as well.

I have WHAT in my yard? :

Quote:
Thats seriously dangerous! I never open the door for anyone where they could come in.... if he opended the door and came in on his own, call the police.

I refuse to "entertain" anyone I don't know at my door if I didn't ask them to come over. I just say I'm not interested in what ever you're peddling, please get back in you car and leave and I close the door.

Eeeek! I had some one do that to me once, I tried to push the door shut and they stuck their foot in and walked in. I walked very fast out the back door with the phone in my hand calling 911.

BTW, my sister actually owns a retired military dog who is a trained attack dog. The insurance company told her NOT to put up a warning sign because that would be a clear indication she knew her dog was dangerous. I hate lawyers sometimes. They told her to put up a clear private property no trespassing sign. But, then they went on about how if the property was not clearly marked all of the way around and some one "wandered on" she could still be liable.
ep.gif
he.gif
barnie.gif

My Protection dog passed on 2 yrs ago... It was a good feeling having a dog I could trust at my side. My insurance person told me not to ever mention it to anyone, including them. I'm not sure if laws will cover you better or they can be brought up on better charges if you post no tresspassing/private prop signs rather than all the fun ones... the bad thing about the signs like "beware the owner" (with a gun picture) just lets them know you probably have guns in the house.

Years ago I went to Lion Country Safari here in California.
They actually posted signs that said

NO TRESPASSING
VIOLATORS WILL BE EATEN

I am thinking it really worked but I guess no one would ever know unless there were "leftovers".
lau.gif

I always thought I would use that one some day. Now that we have a Doberman on duty I think I'll try it.
big_smile.png

Quote:
My friend has one that says "Remote controlled Spikes in use on this property, owners will not be responsibile for damage to tyres and car under carriages" and it has a picture of a car on a spike and a flat tyre. They have nothing of the sort but since then people do not use their drive way, in fact the back out of it VERY slowly. Also helps if you lay a flat mental rod across so it looks like the spikes would shoot out of that!
wink.png

Love it! The biggest problem is that when people pull in, they do one of two things. It's a narrow and long driveway that ends up at my house, so they will drive all the way to the top and turn around up there, or they will pull slightly off the drive into the yard where there is a natural spring that stays so wet that we can't even mow that spot. They end up getting stuck and leaving 10 inch ruts in our yard next to the bottom of the drive. I like the idea of laying a flat metal rod across the drive.
lol.png

Yeah, I posted once about my Gran's boss goosing her and then her knocking the snot out of him (reflex) and everyone freaked out... so I googled the term goose, goosing and it SO did NOT mean poking in the ribs like I thought. Maybe a goose sign WOULD work.

NO SOLICITING: WE FOUND JESUS , LOVE OUR VACUMM, GAVE AT THE OFFICE AND MY KIDS ARE SELLING THE SAME CRAP YOURS ARE.

Bwaa haa haa
gig.gif

"Overweight, middle-aged nudists use this property."

All right! Who peeked over my fence!??!?!​

Back
Top Bottom