green fire chick special

Quote:
Thats not true at all. It would cost you WAY more to import, not to mention you get at least 3 breeds, you will get your moneys worth. If your a true poultry lover, that is.

No, it really won't cost you that much more. You figure your create, and they charge by the weight so you can put some pretty good sized juveniles in there, the cost is about what it is to ship here in the states.. honestly, if you figure the price for more then 10 birds, you can import cheaper. Give the airlines a call and see what it costs to ship from London, try Continental, then see if you can get quality show birds direct from the UK same quality .. for cheaper then you can from green fire per bird.. bet you can.. make a few calls and see for yourself.

Quote:
Thats not true at all. It would cost you WAY more to import, not to mention you get at least 3 breeds, you will get your moneys worth. If your a true poultry lover, that is.

Importing birds does cost thousands of dollars, because of the paperwork, transportation, and quarantine issues involved. You just can't order (import) chicks from other countries due to the biosecurity issues. This is a real deal from Greenfire Farms. These are RARE breed birds, and Greenfire is the real deal for the rare breeds they specialize in. I have looked at importing, it is quite a jawdropper when you look at all that is involved. I'll continue to let Greenfire do it for me!

Edited for additonal comment.

Last edited:
Its a jaw dropper from other countries as you have import fees etc and USDA hoops you don't have when shipping directly from the UK. When you ship from the UK its like shipping from state to state in the US.. don't believe me.. call Continental airlines and ask. Now fiding the rare breeds yes you have to have someone over there you trust to put the right birds on the right plane, however its much cheaper and easier to have an agent do it for you, and normally the breeder of the birds, rabbits, dogs what ever.. is very willing to create them up and get them on the plane. It really is not the big deal people make it out to be, nor is it as expensive.. call the air lines.. ask them.

Quote:
Now i may not be from the US but have read up on the USDA importing regulations (as i have had a farm interested in one of my breeds) and if you import from the UK or other country's you do need them to be quarintened. Rabbits are different. There is not a large rabbit industry!! Thus why it does not need Quarinteen!!

Whoa whoa people, let's not jump so easily on the Imported Birds boat.
wink.png

Jubilee Orpingtons are a project already in the running in the US, so really, importation isn't of dire need. . . . Birchen Marans, which they're selling at $99 per chick, are NOT a rare and imported color of Marans, and Silver Laced/Gold Laced/Buff Laced Brahmas aren't imported either.
wink.png
In fact there's quite a few owners of these colors, thanks to the creators who are from the US, and their prices aren't the same, nor are they for 6-8 week old shipped chicks.

Neither are their Hulseys, Shamos, Black Copper Marans, and a few other breeds they used to offer and now don't.

I don't mean to put them down, just saying. . . The prices cannot have the excuse of imported birds all the time.

Nothing from the UK needs quarinteen. A good breeder will quarinteen, however its not the law.. and its the same for rabbits and birds from London.

Call Continental airlines and they can tell you the laws. That way you don't have to take my word for it. You call the cargo line.

Back
Top Bottom