green fire chick special

Ok first off I am not paying $99 per chick I am paying $129 for 12 chicks which includes shipping. I have a very hard time hatching shipped eggs. I would post how much I spent last year on non hatching hatching eggs but hubby might see and kill me. I have ordered some black orps from Hinkjc to improve my lavs if I get some from Greenfire as well I will be happy to have an additional blood line.

iajewel I tried to respond to your PM but your box was full.

Oh, I know.
smile.png

I honestly think you should go for it. . .

This is part of the info from the USDA-APHIS-IMPORT web site: http://www.aphis.usda.gov/import_export/animals/live_poultry.shtml

The
U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) defines poultry to include chickens, doves, ducks, geese, grouse, guinea fowl, partridges, pea fowl, pheasants, pigeons, quail, swans, and turkeys. All birds of these species are subject to the import requirements for poultry, and are not considered by the USDA to be pet birds.

Requirements

# 30-day quarantine at a USDA Animal Import Center
# Animal Import Permit (VS Form17-129) (fillable pdf 75kb)
# Veterinary Health Certificate issued by a full-time salaried veterinarian of the agency responsible for animal health of the national government of the exporting country
# U.S. Fish and Wildlife Certification
# FDA Imported food requirement

Import Procedures (from all countries except Canada)

* All poultry must be quarantined for a minimum of 30 days at a USDA Animal Import Center. The poultry must also be accompanied by a USDA import permit (VS Form17-129) (fillable pdf 75kb), issued prior to shipment of the birds. The importer must contact a USDA Animal Import Center to apply for the import permit and reserve quarantine space in the facility. The addresses for the USDA Animal Import Centers are listed below.

The following pertains to rabbits:

OTHER

APHIS does not have animal health requirements for the importation of fish, reptiles, lions, tigers, bears, mink, rabbits, sugar gliders, foxes, monkeys, endangered species, guinea pigs, hamsters, gerbils, mice, rats, chinchillas, squirrels, mongoose, chimpmunks, ferrets, or other rodents provided they have not been inoculated with any pathogens for scientific purposes. If the latter is the case, they require an import permit (VS Form17-129) and can only be released to an approved laboratory.

Actually, thats only 10.75 a bird, and with the shipping included your right, that isn't a bad price. Not a good price for my wallet, but for the birds they have definitly not a bad price
smile.png

Quote:
So you can only be somekind of science person with a lab to import these animals?

The animals are not regulated by APHIS unless they have been "inoculated with any pathogens for scientific purposes". Inoculated animals have to go to an approved lab, non-inoculated animals have no APHIS regulations.

Back
Top Bottom