Addict
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Sep 2, 2018
Big Chimney, WV
My Coop
My Coop
Hi everybody,

have some spare time today, so after being a BYC member for three months, it is time to introduce myself.

I don't have any chickens - yet, i have five Indian Runner ducks. My duck-adventure started in late June (2018) at the local farm-store here in Charleston where my wife discovered six fluffy yellow ducklings and started to enthuse about duck-eggs. Next thing i know, i was in our yard assembling a chicken-cube with run...
20180724_164828.jpg
The little duckies grew, were fun to watch and everyone was happy until the second last weekend in August when our little one died from hypothermia during a sudden cold snap. Just two weeks later on the Labor Day weekend one of the remaining five ducks suddenly went lame - so i joined BYC to seek help and connected to a lot of nice and helpful people.
Thank you very much all again for helping me and »Limpy«!
He still is limping around but so far he is doing fine. This is the whole gang yesterday out in the first snow:
20181128_111613_crop.jpg
From left to right: Limpy, Katharina (front), Curiosity, Donald and NoName Duck.

Happy to be here, already met nice people and here to stay!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens!:welcome We are glad you joined the flock! BYC is a helpful site providing all of the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: You have beautiful ducks. Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

Wow, love your runner ducks. Did/does Limpy have a niacin deficiency?
To this day we have no idea what happened to Limpy: He was out with the others enjoying the new duck-pool, five minutes later his right leg was limp. It could have been a poisonous caterpillar or botulism we don't know. But the treatment has helped to restore his health to 90% ans he is enjoying his life. That's important!

Back
Top Bottom