Gross! Cracked egg to eat and there was a chick!

eew, that is so gross when that happens, isn't it? We had that happen once (the chick was only half formed) and let the people know, they were very apologetic and promised to be more careful. In our case it happened a second time so we don't get eggs from there any more because it was just too gross, but the lady you got yours from would probably appreciate knowing it happened. Most people want their customers to be happy with their product
big_smile.png

Quote:
Sounds like this egg was in an incubator or under a hen and she figured it was not going to hatch after 21 days so took the egg out and put it in carton for sale , OR removed the WRONG egg under the hen . I would tell her actually how it happened .

My question is , don't you think your 9 year old daughter is a bit to young to be cooking anything ?

Last edited:
Am I the only one that thinks this thread is funny? I'm sorry your daughter had to see that, and I'm sorry the eggs weren't what you paid for. I think gross stuff like this is sort of funny, though. I don't know why.

Go ahead and
smack.gif
me if you want
lol.png

I don't think 9 is too young to cook if you are carefull to teach them and your there to watch them. I have my 3 year old grandbaby measuring everything and matching the measurements to the measuring cups and spoons. She can't cook yet or go near the stove but she sets at the table and I tell her all the do's and don'ts for when she is ready. I did the same for my 3 daughters (if it wasn't a lego my son wasn't to be found LOL). They are excellant cooks now because of it.

I agree Zookeeper, my kids all started out cooking simple things like eggs, grilled cheese, canned soup, at about 9 or 10. I took into account their height to the stove, maturity, etc.

Oh that is horrible! We sell eggs and I would definitely want to know. Sounds like she isn't gathering them every day, or every week either! I would tell her but not buy from her again.

Hmmm...am I the only one here who keeps the layers seperate from the breeders?
idunno.gif

I have absolutely no desire to eat fertilized eggs.
sickbyc.gif

this kinda thing happens often not that far along most of the time but it does happen sooo gross we recently got some eggs from the supermarket and guess what there were embryos in every one of them in various stages of development id expect it from home grown eggs but from the store weird o well we still eat lotsa eggs just gotta get over it

Back
Top Bottom