Ground Hog's Day Hatch

I've gotten 9 chicks so far, 10 actually but I'm not 100% sure if it'll live. It came outta a stiiiiicky egg that as full of liquid ooz and somehow DRANK it all! I turned the poor chicky upside down and made it vomit it all up, its poor crop was swollen with he gunk! It's my Survivor if it lives! I had a couple other "stickies", one that didn't hatch after pipping. The other had a sticky butt and I washed it in the sink. Poor chicky, it's gunna haaate water when it gets older. ; I have 4 or 5 more eggs left. I hope I get 2 for my dozen chicks. Y'know something? I don't have very good hatches...

I also had to help the poor biddy out too... started hatching over 30 hours ago!

TinaK, did ur last 2 duck eggs make it?

What abou you, HereInOz? How's your Lavs? I hope u get 5, and exceed your expectations!!! :D an be-waaaare the sticky-ness~!

What abou you, HereInOz? How's your Lavs? I hope u get 5, and exceed your expectations!!!
big_smile.png
an be-waaaare the sticky-ness~!

Thanks kellyn, and congrats on your new chicks! I've got 12 Lavs in lockdown (out of the 15 I started with) and only two more days to go! 5 I'm unsure of, but 7 seem to be doing great so far
fl.gif

And a great big fuzzy butt to all y'all!!! Congrats on all the hatches. We have a purdy lil lonley LF partridge wyandotte in the hatch tray awaiting some friends. I can see 2 pips so far out of 13 EO eggs. So happy that all 13 made it to lockdown!
fl.gif
I'll have trouble sleeping tonight!

Quote:

Thanks kellyn, and congrats on your new chicks! I've got 12 Lavs in lockdown (out of the 15 I started with) and only two more days to go! 5 I'm unsure of, but 7 seem to be doing great so far
fl.gif
7 is a lucky number, but I think you'll get 5! I started out with 32, chucked 10 durring the 2nd week, and 22 made it to lock-down. Got 10 peeps so far, with 4 left in the bator, 2 have pipped. I maaay just get my 12! I'm packing eggs to take to school tomorrow. I accidentally cracked 1 beauuuutiful leghornXcochin egg. Gah! Now hooow many of us have done that before? I've done it several times. It's the WORST when you do it durring candling. X( Buuut back on topic, I fiiiinally decided to bring the 'bator #3 to school for a hatching project... and I packed 20 eggs, I only need 15 but they're not the best quality so I packed 5 extras. 15 sctubents in my class and not sure how many wanna participate in it. Aaand I gotta do a crapper lottsa research and do... whatever the woman wants me to do. *sigh* I really need o quit making more work for myself...

That would make a great school project, kellyn!
thumbsup.gif
I can't imagine anyone not wanting to participate...unless they're allergic to chickens. Plus, it's a subject you know a great deal about so practically a guaranteed A+ for you!

And a great big fuzzy butt to all y'all!!! Congrats on all the hatches. We have a purdy lil lonley LF partridge wyandotte in the hatch tray awaiting some friends. I can see 2 pips so far out of 13 EO eggs. So happy that all 13 made it to lockdown!
fl.gif
I'll have trouble sleeping tonight!

Good luck on your hatch ApronStrings, sounds like it's off to a great start! I've still got a day and a half to go and already can't hardly sleep.
caf.gif

No news on my duck eggs... Tomorrow is meant to be hatch date. I could expect that to be even later because of my power out.... but you know, I'm not expecting anything to hatch. I've been in lockdown for two whole days now and I haven't seen a wiggle or a movement or anything from these eggs since last candled. The paper towel on the floor of my incubator is wet and it just seems, well, miserable in there!

It has been a great learning curve if anything! But I won't quite be turning the power off yet
wink.png
I'll open the bator and candle them when I get back from a work conference on Friday night and make the decision then.

I really want to just rip the buggers out now and candle them to see if I'm wasting my time staring blankly at dead eggs. But I 'won't open the bator.... I won't open the bator'.........

hit.gif
My little wheaten died. She seemed to be doing fine and I just checked on them, since my darn roos are all outside crowing and I went to find out why. Just didn't realize what time it was. They're actually an hour late. Also lost a chick in the outside brooder. Not sure why.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom