Grrrr..Feeding/Watering Mom & Babies TOGETHER

1234duck

Songster
9 Years
Jan 6, 2011
Upper Lake, California
How do you feed & water Mom duck Without babies getting into and eating the food or swimming in the drinking water? When i throw corn & peas for bigger ducks the babies come running and gobble it up. I try using different feed containers/taller or put them on something taller but then mom duck has a hard time reaching it and seems like babies can jump high enough to get inside any water bowl. ~Julie~

I usually feed the mums the same as I do the babies. At the moment i have a muscovey who has 2 baby runners with her. They all get the baby food it wont hurt the mom to eat that too. i give my babies non medicated game feed starter.

after re-reading my post, I DON'T WANT THEM TO CHOKE OR DROWN TO DEATH SINCE THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO EAT DUCKLING FOOD & NOT BE IN A LARGE /DEEP AMOUNT OF WATER!! ~Julie~

Last edited by a moderator:
So should i put the adult food away and only have baby food out? i just didn't want them to choke i would be out there for a long time trying to think of how to make it high enough for babies not to reach it but the mom to be able to reach. At 1 point it was too high for mom to reach. ~Julie~

Julie, if that poster comes back with nasty comments, which are not tolerated on this board, just click the "Report" button and the mods will take care of it.

As far as the ducks, I'd just let them all eat starter...that's what I do w/ chicks & Mom.

Back
Top Bottom