Guess who I got?!

They’re so adorable! Sometimes I use just a 50 gallon tote. Then have a long sturdy plank type thing Leaning against it for the lamp. Also for that first idea with the two kiddie pools on top of each other and then the mesh, you could just cut a large hole on the top and hang the lamp over that if you put it somewhere inside (that is, if you have a kiddie pool to spare lol)

They’re so adorable! Sometimes I use just a 50 gallon tote. Then have a long sturdy plank type thing Leaning against it for the lamp. Also for that first idea with the two kiddie pools on top of each other and then the mesh, you could just cut a large hole on the top and hang the lamp over that if you put it somewhere inside (that is, if you have a kiddie pool to spare lol)
Thank you! Nice idea for sure. I have 2 kiddie pools I use for my ducks. I’ll have to pick up extras for the chicks :lau

I was thinking something like this, but where would the heat lamp go..? I guess hang it separately on a stand or something. View attachment 2340636
If you have the right kind of saw, you could probably cut a hole in the top kiddie pool, cover it with HC, and put the heat lamp on top like in the bottom pic.

Last edited:
I was thinking something like this, but where would the heat lamp go..? I guess hang it separately on a stand or something. View attachment 2340636
You can also use a brooder plate or a mama heating pad. I personally use the Brinsea EcoGlow plates they are economical in use though the initial expense can be a bit high, they are less of a fire hazard than the red lamp and they mimic the more natural behavior of the chicks.😊

With a tote that small, watch out if you're using a heatlamp--there may not be enough places to get away from the heat, and it's easy to overheat a chick. But definitely think about mama heating pads or heating plates--that may give you more build options, they're generally much safer, and chicks love them. Of course with 22, you'd either need a couple plates or one massive one. Buff O's are so cute. Best of luck with them.

Back
Top Bottom