Guinea talk.

Thanks everyone Rhonda that description of Spiderman was spot on.

Since Spiderman passed I've been looking for keets to keep Mary Jane company. I called Tractor Supply this morning and they said yes they had them and they just come in this morning. I couldn't believe they had them this late in the summer. We got 3 and they are so precious. We haven't held them yet because they've been in the mail for 2 days the lady said and I wanted them to get some rest. I brought Mary Jane in to see them in the cage. She was very interested in them. She started pecking the cage I think she was trying to get them out. I feel so sorry for Mary Jane I keep telling her we miss him too. So now she has some company when they get bigger.

Here is a pic of the babies we took yesterday. Look at those legs.
20049586_1901346286799534_1088556324_o.jpg

Oh... so cute! I love it when they stretch their little legs straight out. Total relaxation. Any ideas for names yet? I know you'll have to wait a few months for sure, but I wondered if you've given it some thought. Thanks for sharing Patty. :love

20170714_173029.jpg
Meet Friday. This one was found scooting along the floor of the barn. When I tried to put it back into the bin with its mama, she started pecking at it. Had to move it inside under the heater. Of course it didn't stay there! When you have wings and you are a day old, you can fly up to the top of the heater!

Josh wants to name one of the babies Spiderman II and Aubree said she wanted to name one baby and that leaves the 3rd one. Baby could be a girl or boy but Spiderman has to be a boy. I guess we wait and see what we have before the last one is named.

I saw Friday on facebook and he or she is precious. I hope you hatch more and good luck with that. Wow it's flying already none of ours has started flying yet. Let us know if you get anymore hatches and congrats.

Hello!
I have 3 guineas right now, this year's hatch.
We had 6 last year but had a horrible raccoon family problem last year that took out 20+ grow outs including all guinea and most chickens and ducks. And some adults. Plus we had some guineas when i was a kid.

Sexing a guinea? I've always been told to go by size of the wattle (big=male, small = female), how accurate is this?

Of the 3 current guineas I think we have 2 males, 1 female. I've caught 2 fighting like roosters would, but its not an all the time thing yet. I plan to get more, not sure when but thinking about hatching shipped eggs. Should the 3 be okay or should I try to rehome 1 male?

Back
Top Bottom