Guineas eating chicken feed

CrzyChicLady

Chirping
9 Years
Oct 28, 2010
My 10 week old guineas are sharing a coop with the chickens right now. They seem to be getting along just fine (will keep my fingers crossed). My question is how do I make sure they are eating their higher protein feed and not the chicken feed?

They will instinctively eat what their bodies need. If they need the extra protein then that is the food they will eat.

I've always fed the guineas the same as the chickens, I've not had any problems. I wouldn't worry about it
smile.png

Thank you. I figure in the summer they will definitely get plenty of protien with all the pests in the garden but worry about these cold months.

I am new to Guineas too. I am glad you asked this question. Mine free ranged this summer but have moved in to the coop with the chickens for the winter. Everyone is getting along great and now that I know they will do fine with chicken feed I feel better about it. Thanks!

Yeah, don't worry too much about them, they'll eat what they need. Mine would rather have corn or bird seed in the winter than any other feed.
roll.png

All of my guineas live off of 16% Layena as adults but they do free range so they get the extra protien they need. In your case, the chickens and guineas are eating eachothers feed i'm sure but it won't hurt.

Back
Top Bottom