GUINEAS wHY ARE THEY DOING THIS NOW?

Dottie Pratt

Songster
11 Years
Sep 4, 2008
Arkansas
hELLO EVERYONE

I have 6 guineas. about 22 weeks old.
For the last 3 weeks they have been going in the coop at nite just like my chickens.
For the last 3 nites they are still out way after dark. Just walking around.
Does this mean that they are wanting to stay out of the coop and roost else where?
I have heard they like to get on houses and just everywhere.

Dottie

I had to put mine back in the coop for more homing. When I try to let them out, they won't come out until it starts getting dark then they want to roost in the trees or on the deck. I love my guineas, but they've become a real challenge. I'm inclined to agree with the folks who say guineas have a death wish.

Get them back inside and lock them up for a couple more weeks. Given the chance, Guineas will roost outside but WILL get eaten by something. Guineas are great but boy can they be stubborn.

Ok I'll try to keep them in for a couple off more weeks.
Gonna be alittle hard they are housing with 5 ducks a rooster and 2 hens.
Don't have any other place for them.
Ducks gotta have there swim time. lol.
Thanks for your input.

Dottie

Mine are always the last to go in as they are eating bugs that come out at night. I wait them out and then go put chickens up and they will go in ...but mine were raise with the chickens and dont have a problem with them. Some guinnies just like the trees better, I do have some that when mating they dont want to go in and have lost some. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom