Guy thinks he's getting ripped off...(UPDATED!!!)

Quote:
Now that's funny.
tongue.png

th.gif

He's getting a SPECTACULAR deal! When I got my 4 adult hens this spring, I paid $40 for 3 of them and got one for free because she had a hole in her head. One of the hens has never laid, but I still think I got a good deal, because the free hen is a Black Star (and lays an egg every single day). Furthermore, most hens are $20-$25 in my area on Craigslist.

This man, with 19 hens laying an egg a day will be getting just over 11 DOZEN eggs a week. Free range eggs are selling for about $4 in my grocery... sooo... that's $44 dollars a week in savings/earnings. He will make back his initial purchase in less than 2 weeks once they start laying! Also, with them being free range, he won't have as much feed cost.

:thun

Perhaps tell him that buying juvenile Black Star Pullets from Murray McMurray are $10.95 each, and that does not include S&H.

He's getting a wicked deal, and I personally would post them on CL for easily 3 times what he's getting them for.

I wish you were nearby and looking for a new home for them before I filled out my flock!

*shakes head* $3.68 a hen... oy.

What wendy said. I seriously doubt he thinks he's getting ripped off, it's just one of the ways that people negotiate or handle deals. Like when you go to see a horse for sale, there is ALWAYS ALWAYS someone who is really really interested but hasn't put a deposit down now... or people who come to see your item for sale and spend the whole time talking about how they can't afford it... or the mode of negotiating where the prospective buyer offers an insanely low price that you're not even expected to consider. That sort of thing.

Ignore it, or if it really bugs you tell him you don't want to rip him off so you won't sell him the birds
wink.png

GOod luck,

Pat

Back
Top Bottom