Half Shell Hatch-A-Long! (Caution, unsuccessful, please read whole thread before attempting)

Pics
Here are pics! She's doing awesome. Mostly resting, but things are definitely absorbing. See, the veins turn white and then just disappear. Humidity is at 72%. I took off her saran wrap, and she has a big hole in the membrane. She made that hole with her foot at some point overnight.
20200819_143628.jpg
20200819_143610.jpg

Here's a pic with the main big vein left in it.
20200819_095717.jpg

Her bill doesn't seem to be near the top though. All I can see is her foot and the top of her head.

I stopped getting notifications again. :(

My guess is that she (hopefully) will pop her head up like she would when they normally internally pip. But since she’s backwards (technically) she may be a little malpositioned so keep an eye out in case you need to help her out. :)

I’m so excited for you, look at the little one go!!!! I haven’t looked back yet through what I’ve missed, did the others all quit?

I stopped getting notifications again. :(

My guess is that she (hopefully) will pop her head up like she would when they normally internally pip. But since she’s backwards (technically) she may be a little malpositioned so keep an eye out in case you need to help her out. :)

I’m so excited for you, look at the little one go!!!! I haven’t looked back yet through what I’ve missed, did the others all quit?
Oh, I hope she does, that would be great.
Only #2, the one I opened the air cell instead of pointy end on, quit. It got bacteria in it bad though. #3 and #4 are still going strong too! Tomorrow is day 18 for #3!

Pic update! These are through the incubator of course. Her little white head ❤
I saw her bill for a brief second @Trisseh so I think you're right about her internally pipping.
20200819_165314.jpg
20200819_165321.jpg

So excited! I put ointment on her membrane just a second ago with my clean finger. Just a tiny bit. Hopefully that keeps her moist.
@FortCluck

Back
Top Bottom