Halloween Hatch-A-Long 2017

Pics
@Wickedchicken6 and @venymae

jut be careful with the thermometers that the temp is on the background and not on the actual thermo, the backing can move

INCUBATOR-THERMOMETER-LG.jpg

and that can be the reason the temp is so off ;)
That's a very good point to make!! :highfive:

The basic hardware ones are glued and I checked them every time I calibrate to ensure they're still solid. I've only got two that are no longer trustworthy and that may be because I dropped one hardware therm and broke the bulb from the holder. denkend_smilie_0004.gif

The other was an aquarium therm of which I dropped, and then proceeded to step on and crush in a most spectacularly, unbalanced move. 900x900px-LL-0ed186b2_LL-33.gif :he

Last edited:
So orginally had 21 Eggs in the bator.
Last night candled them all.

Of the original 15 silkie eggs given to me, one had a blood ring. All other 14 are developing.

Of the 4 silkie eggs that came from the fridge (my old silkie's egg), one is a dud, completely clear. Another had a blood ring, and last two are developing. So two of those left.

I also happened to check in the nesting box, to see if by any chance there were the ebay shipped eggs my broody was setting on before she was killed. Of 7 only two were not cracked. I put those two in the bator as well, and they are both developing.

:fl

Back
Top Bottom