Halloween Hatch-A-Long 2017

Pics
Looks like I'm out. I'm pretty sure that my last egg quit on me. I have 3 more in, due at later dates but I'm not setting and more. If these don't hatch, no more seramas till I start setting lots of eggs again.

Darn it! I have a serama trying to go broody and steal every egg laid! :barnie

My early batch has 4 soggy chicks out and tumbling about! 15 more pipped, I am bubbling over with excitement!!! :ya:wee:celebrate

:clap how many out now?? :pop

I moved 7 of my 25 Call eggs to the hatcher tonight. Waiting till tomorrow for the others. The 7 were found in a hens nest, they were not in a good area, and i wasn't sure she wanted to sit anyway, so i popped them in the bator. Looks like she jump started them though.

So orginally had 21 Eggs in the bator.
Last night candled them all.

Of the original 15 silkie eggs given to me, one had a blood ring. All other 14 are developing.

Of the 4 silkie eggs that came from the fridge (my old silkie's egg), one is a dud, completely clear. Another had a blood ring, and last two are developing. So two of those left.

I also happened to check in the nesting box, to see if by any chance there were the ebay shipped eggs my broody was setting on before she was killed. Of 7 only two were not cracked. I put those two in the bator as well, and they are both developing.

:fl

So candled and had of the original 15 that were given to me, 2 more quit. So down to 12 now.

The fridge eggs that were 4, then down to 2, there is still 2 going strong.

The ebay shipped eggs that were two, one quit, so down to one.

So 15 eggs left

Have any of you ever had an egg develop, but the CAM not fully develop and leave a large clear area on the side of the egg??
I have one this happened on, but there is still very strong movement inside. I have expected it to quit for the last week, but it's still going strong. Although the embryo looks smaller than the rest. But I think the clear area is obscuring the candling.

Just wondering if anyone ever has this happen, and results? It's a first for me.

Back
Top Bottom