Halloween Hatch-A-Long 2017

Pics
That's strange, my Brinsea mini gives me my best hatches. Could kids be missing with it at all? Also, many schools turn AC/Heat way down, particularly on weekend that could cause an issue.
It's frustrating because they have such great reviews! When I first got mine I calibrated two thermometers to check it. This was my first frustration. Setting on the bottom, elevated, and in a water wiggler the temp was constantly two degrees lower on my thermometers than what the brinsea readout showed. I used the same thermometers to set my uglybator (always do). The other problem I had was a lot of my large eggs would not turn, though smaller eggs always did fine. All in all though I'm frustrated, because I WANTED my fully automatic magical egg hatching machine to work! That's why I bought it!

I didn't think of them turning the temps down on weekends at the school. I'm just worried that hatch day will come and no chicks will hatch and all I'll have is a bunch of disappointed 5 year olds (and a teacher!)! Please send good vibes/prayers for my classroom eggs everyone! :fl

(teacher says no one messes with it, and I believe her, but who knows!)

Last edited:
It's frustrating because they have such great reviews! When I first got mine I calibrated two thermometers to check it. This was my first frustration. Setting on the bottom, elevated, and in a water wiggler the temp was constantly two degrees lower on my thermometers than what the brinsea readout showed. I used the same thermometers to set my uglybator (always do). The other problem I had was a lot of my large eggs would not turn, though smaller eggs always did fine. All in all though I'm frustrated, because I WANTED my fully automatic magical egg hatching machine to work! That's why I bought it!

I didn't think of them turning the temps down on weekends at the school. I'm just worried that hatch day will come and no chicks will hatch and all I'll have is a bunch of disappointed 5 year olds (and a teacher!)! Please send good vibes/prayers for my classroom eggs everyone! :fl

(teacher says no one messes with it, and I believe her, but who knows!)

I certainly hope some chicks hatch for the kids. How long ago did you purchase it? Have you contacted Brinsea?

Back
Top Bottom