Halloween/Thanksgiving Hatch-a-Long 2019

Pics
Are they hatched yet?!

I know this question isn't directed towards me per se, but I'm gonna answer it anyways!!! ;)

Hatch of my 1st batch of Coturnix complete! 20 live quailies at the moment. No more eggs, done, kaput, finito! :woot:ya
20191017_225301.jpg
20191017_225332.jpg
20191017_225447.jpg
20191017_225616.jpg

I talk to my flock... People probably think I'm whacked
Then we all are! The conversations I carry on with all my animals.... dogs, goats, ducks, chickens, guineas, bobwhites & coturnix... Buckwheat, my eldest guinea hen came running out to meet me at the car when I got home today, how sweet is that?

05E5941B-F74D-4844-A1F6-C37E8E84179C.jpeg
BC79FE8C-5EAB-4058-A4B6-2157AEF24EC4.jpeg
71DC0F74-B59F-41BE-B7E4-B494FA60DAE7.jpeg
I didn’t intend to have any chicks/poults hatch for this month, but it happened! We didn’t know our turkey hen was sitting on any in the coop. But now we have 2! These are pics of one we had to rescue from near death. Three total born, but one already died, one other survived, and then this one. Going to reunite it tomorrow hopefully with mom. We think they were at least 1 day old when we found them.

First pic is my son keeping it warm while the incubator came up to temp. It has just opened its eyes for the first time since we picked it up, almost an hour after finding it. We used the incubator for the first several hours. It was very wobbly and slept almost constantly for the rest of the day. By the evening, it was moving around. Today it is eating and drinking and running.

Then we all are! The conversations I carry on with all my animals.... dogs, goats, ducks, chickens, guineas, bobwhites & coturnix... Buckwheat, my eldest guinea hen came running out to meet me at the car when I got home today, how sweet is that?
I stick my head out at red lights to talk to people's dogs :gigi was born to love animals. I used to go to a cow farm and talk with the cows especially the calves, they're gentle creatures.

Back
Top Bottom