HALLOWEEN HATCH!!! Anyone

mayapooh That is soo GREAT
thumbsup.gif

jumpy.gif
Congrats to all the new chickieees.
jumpy.gif

I now have 6 Lavender Orps out, and I see 3 more pips. This is much better than I expected. Now I will tell you why. I received these eggs and I thought the packaging would prevent the hatch. They were simply wrapped in paper towel and put into an egg carton, firmly. The egg carton was then surrounded with very good packing. HEY, it worked very well! They were all viable, I believe. And, the hatch is turning out well.

My first hatch with shipped eggs that went poorly, I marked it up to the packaging, because it was the same as I just wrote. BUT, on further consideration, I believe it was poor because of other circumstances. Namely, our air conditioner was turned off during the incubation period. I also had "fogot," to open the vents! So, anyway, incubate and learn!

I have also read some firm believers in packaging this way. Well, I'm here to say, it sure is working here. YAY ! ! !

I HAVE LAVENDER ORPINGTONS! YEE HAW!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

(Anybody want to buy Lavender Orps eggs next spring?
hide.gif
LOL)

Happy Halloween Everyone! this is our first hatch and we have two that are hatching today we are so exctied it is also our son's first halloween He will be Daniel Boone!! I will put up pics later tonight, so far we have 6 chicks and two on the way!!

Last edited:
I believe 18, because I lost one little weak one this morning. I'm not counting the two zipped eggs until they hatch completely.

Mine in early November are more of the same. Orpington X chicks and Old English Game Bantams.

Quote:
oohhh me me me ...!!!!!!!!!!!
i was thinking i wnated a couple orps for broody's.. i'm between orps and lf cochins... and i LOVE the lavender color...

we'll have to arrange something... granted.. that's hoping you get a roo and a hen right?? lol...

grats guys on all the new babies!!!!!!

i'll be in and out for a bit then i'll be out till tomorrow at some point...

WE NEED PICS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BABIES BABIES BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom