Halloween ~ Hatch Day!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CK Chickadilly, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Quote:Yes, I can see little embryos and lots of veining already.

I had two silkies hatch today. one is in the house because she has had a rough start compared to the other one. I have their pics posted in another thread. [​IMG]

2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Songster

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Good luck with all the Halloween hatches!!! I've got a BR / EE hatch going on right now. [​IMG]

3. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Songster

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    Q_A I saw the pics of your new babies! They are so sweet....congratulations! I hope we all have fantastic hatches. These days are going to go so slow! :|

Good luck with your hatches SterlingAcres, are they actually hatching now? Your little pic of the week was so cute. I want some BO's! [​IMG]

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Well my November first broody is setting for sure. She growls anytime I, or anyone else, goes into the barn. But then again, she is an OEG. They are supposed to be great mamas!

5. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Songster

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    OMG!!! I couldn't stand it. I had to look...I candled on of my eggs. I saw veins and a little chickie-dot. So cool!!!

(And, one of my chickens laid me the first egg today..)

6. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Quote:OH congratulations!!

We candled today, our eggs due on October 27. We saw several swimming chicks. My kids were so excited! It was neat watching how active they are and how big they have gotten!

7. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Songster

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    I saw your other post and the pictures. Those were really cool. I'm sorry for the little chick that didn't make it, but it is really interesting to see how they develop.

8. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Songster

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    Fantastic Kimb.....what kind are they again?

I am going to wait a couple more days before candling. This is my 1st time so I want to be able to see something since I am not really sure what to expect or see. [​IMG]

I bought a can light today at Menards so I am ready for the candling. I am scared to do it! There can't be anything in there, huh? :eek:

9. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Songster

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    They are barred rocks. I didn't think I would see anything. I was really surprised! You'll know it when you see it!

I only checked a couple. This one was really obvious, though.

I can't wait to do it again on day 7.

Let me know what you see!

10. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Quote:Yup. I told the kids that if (and I am really hoping that's a big IF) another one expires by our day 14 candling we will open it and look at that one, too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: