Halloween "Trick"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in a room with one other person- a woman known for this same personality trait. It's truly a pita working that way because you can't relax and enjoy life with normal conversations without her knowing better about everything! I attribute it to her solo lifestyle until she was well into her 50s. She just never had to put anyone but herself first.
Would I do anything like a prank? Nah, she isn't worth my effort. It's safer to basically ignore her and let my boss deal with her. He knows the situation but hasn't figured out a solution yet. What I do resent is his expecting me to do 2 jobs PLUS make the effort to teach her something she really does not want to learn. It's his job to manage, not mine.

I wouldn't have liked this prank at all.. And think maybe there could be a betterway, to teach someone a lesson...

But reminds me of when I worked at this factory, making hockeys sticks... We would, move people's stacks of wood they were to be plaining.. I would also smile at this one guy know Jeff.. I was 17, living the life, apartment to myself.. Just living it up good, My nickname was always sunny, cause I was just a happy girl.. Anyways, this guy, Jeff was so freaking grummpy.. He would be like, "if you smile one more time, I'm gonna lose it" Of course this made me smile more right!!! Come to find out years later he was going through a messy divorce etc..
But man, I tried so hard to cheer this guy up, i actually got the whole line singing and dancing, and we all got written up cause it was a saftey violation...
hu.gif

I called called to the big office upstairs, big boss says "Why are you smiling, I always smile, I wanted to see your office.. You really wrote me up for singing?

ETA, I also had one of the best qauta's there!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Of course, in today's world, noone can take the usual cheap shot, like, "Keep your day job" or "Can you sing, Over the Hills and Faraway? Please do. Or one my dad used to use...I'm sure it has damaged me, irrepairably...He'd say, "You couldn't carry a tune in a bucket, with a lid on it."

wow,
people talking about bullying and lawsuits?c'mon
she never said he was mentally challenged ,just a pita.
they are adults.bullying him would have been beating him up and taking his starbucks away.and lawsuits, its whats wrong with everyone today.
life is hard and if he can't take a "halloween trick"then its going to be a hard one.if it were me who got pranked,i would have been embarassed at first but then got over it and enjoyed halloween at work.its not like they could have sent him home for dress code violations.we didn't know the whole story,maybe everyone knew he would like it,think it was funny and now he is planning next years halloween prank.BTW,being a pita comes with hazzards.

Quote:
x2. Call me a jerk all you want, but I don't think it'll cause any harm.

Edited - Ah, I see. I read it again. Though it isn't really something to get your panties in a knot about, I could see how it could offend.

Last edited:
The guy had a great time, good, but he also musta gotten alot of compassion from those that must have realised that they could have hurt his feelings. He probably came away from the day with more friends than he came in with, and they must have different feelings about whoever started it...

I work at a small, family-owned company. The atmosphere is like one big happy family. This prank, in my workplace, would have been hilarious fun for all involved. Reading through this thread makes me happy to work in the environment that I work in. It's great!

I am usually on the "stop being a wuss" or "people need to learn to take a joke" side of the argument. People tend to be way too sensitive these days. I would normally be first in line to see a good prank but this just doesn't sound right.

70 vs. 1 Really?
hmm.png

It amazes me how much people cannot take a joke these days. If it was me that was getting pranked YES I would have been embarassed at first but I would have laughed it off. I dont think that these poeple did this prank to hurt this other person. It was just for fun. All of you are talking about how this is "bullying" well what do you call all of you. The op posted this thread hoping that all of his friends here on BYC would laugh with her about it. Instead you shoot her down and tell her she was being a bully! You all may not be happy with what this person did okay thats fine, but if you have something sinister to say then dont post.

IMO: You dont know this person who is being pranked! You dont know his personality or how annoying he is. I work with a person similar to the one the op described. I would pul this prank IN A SECOND! All of you need to just calm down! Really saying there might be lawsuits, I am sure this really hurt the op's feelings. All of these rude statements (bullying) probably did, but did you think about that NO! All you guys where thinking about was the feelings of this person that was getting pranked.

To the op: I think this was hilarious! Good job! I am glad that he enjoyed the pranking and if he is anything like I am thinking he is he is going to start cooking up a "one up" for all of you. So I would watch my back.
wink.png
I laughed at the mental picture that I made in my mind of this scene playing out. I hope that is joke in the future is just as good and you come here and tell us what fun you had at the workplace. To many people take their jobs way to seriously, I am glad all of you like to have some fun and enjoy working. This is the way a job should be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom