Hands on hatching and help

Well she's getting weaker. I have the perfect temperature, have given her several drops of electrolytes, she pooped and I've gently cleaned her. But she's not getting stronger at this point. She won't open her eyes.
it's not sounding too good... Are her eyes definitely cleaned up? So she should be able to open them?
Is she drinking? You could try mixing some egg yolk with the electrolytes and give her that.
Is her naval closed now/can you still see it?
Is she trying to stand up and trying to walk?

it's not sounding too good... Are her eyes definitely cleaned up? So she should be able to open them?
Is she drinking? You could try mixing some egg yolk with the electrolytes and give her that.
Is her naval closed now/can you still see it?
Is she trying to stand up and trying to walk?
She passed during the night. She got progressively weaker throughout the day and night. Hubby buried her this morning.

Thank you again @BelovedBirds for all of your help! Many lessons learned through this experience.

She passed during the night. She got progressively weaker throughout the day and night. Hubby buried her this morning.

Thank you again @BelovedBirds for all of your help! Many lessons learned through this experience.
Im sorry that she passed. :( You did all you could, sometimes they just don't thrive, especially after a rough start.
Condolences :hugs

Hello! Posting for some advice here! I had three Serama eggs in my incubator and on day 19 had two pip and hatch. Today is day 20 and I took the two hatched ones out and candled the third egg. At first I didn’t see any movement, but after a bit it started moving and very quietly chirping.

I’m worried that because I candled it and opened the incubator, that it will shrink wrap and also worried that it needs help hatching. I know it’s not day 21 yet, but I’ve always had them all hatch at once without any late ones and I heard Seramas tend to go early. Any advice is appreciated to save the little guy. Thank you!

Hello! Posting for some advice here! I had three Serama eggs in my incubator and on day 19 had two pip and hatch. Today is day 20 and I took the two hatched ones out and candled the third egg. At first I didn’t see any movement, but after a bit it started moving and very quietly chirping.

I’m worried that because I candled it and opened the incubator, that it will shrink wrap and also worried that it needs help hatching. I know it’s not day 21 yet, but I’ve always had them all hatch at once without any late ones and I heard Seramas tend to go early. Any advice is appreciated to save the little guy. Thank you!
if theres no external pip, the baby will not be shrink wrapped. Even if there was an external pip, you would have to have the incubator open for a bit of time for it to shrink wrap. It's a common concern, but rarely happens in reality. I think your chick will be fine, give her a bit longer and keep an eye out for that pip!

if theres no external pip, the baby will not be shrink wrapped. Even if there was an external pip, you would have to have the incubator open for a bit of time for it to shrink wrap. It's a common concern, but rarely happens in reality. I think your chick will be fine, give her a bit longer and keep an eye out for that pip!
Thank you! There is no external pip, and even when I viewed last night, I didn't see an internal pip either by candling. Hoping it will hatch, but still worried.

how long has it been since you heard a chirp the first time? She may need a little help making an air hole. Have you have a read of the Assisted hatching article
Yep, I just read through it last night. So about 18 hours ago, I candled it and saw it's heart beating and heard it chirp. However, I didn't see anything that looked like the internal pip from that article, so I'm not sure that has even made it that far yet.

Back
Top Bottom