Happy and alive one minute dead the next

RiDaGeckoGuy

Songster
Jul 13, 2023
Pittsburgh county, OK
My mom’s favorite girl spunky got sick a while ago she had some mites and was sneezing so I treated them and gave them all Vetrx kept the cage clean. All of that and this morning she woke up got some water and food and went back to doing chicken things they had fresh food and water I recently deep cleaned the run and coop but as I’m locking them up for tonight boom this was in her mouth no mites her crop was empty last night and it was full on her dead body.😢
9A43E376-00E1-47DC-B3AA-C24FE348F23C.jpeg

My mom’s favorite girl spunky got sick a while ago she had some mites and was sneezing so I treated them and gave them all Vetrx kept the cage clean. All of that and this morning she woke up got some water and food and went back to doing chicken things they had fresh food and water I recently deep cleaned the run and coop but as I’m locking them up for tonight boom this was in her mouth no mites her crop was empty last night and it was full on her dead body.😢View attachment 3659110
That looks like canker to me I will tag some people who are more knowledge then me and can inform you more than me. @Wyorp Rock @Eggcessive @azygous

If it was canker, that smells very bad, and is brought in by pigeons and wild birds using the feeders and waterers. I would look at some others for any signs, and disinfect all of your waterers and feeders. Prevent them from drinking out of mud holes.

If it was canker, that smells very bad, and is brought in by pigeons and wild birds using the feeders and waterers. I would look at some others for any signs, and disinfect all of your waterers and feeders. Prevent them from drinking out of mud holes.
Yeah the day she died there was a clucking bird in there that I had to get out. There are swarms of invasive birds in the trees so I take down any nests

Back
Top Bottom