Happy Chickens

bobbi-j

Enabler
14 Years
Mar 15, 2010
On the MN prairie.
Just had to share, after so much cold weather that it was 40* yesterday, and in the mid-30's right now (all ABOVE zero!) and my chickens are happily out pecking and scratching in the driveway where DH plowed snow the other day. The snow has melted and there is bare ground for them to scratch around in. It's all going to change this evening - tomorrow's "high" is minus 9, and tonight's low is minus 15. But right now, they're all out and happy. Gotta take advantage of the nice weather while we can.
smile.png

Same with me They loved today. I was with them alot today. They couldn't scratch though because the snow melted and it was filthy. I made sure to make everything snug and cozy for them tonight. Good luck for tomorrow

Happy chicken keeper here too, all enjoyed the 'heat wave' the last few days too!

I have kept part of the run mostly scraped clear of snow and throw some scratch out there and in the covered part of the run. Threw down some shavings in the 'mud', mostly for my own benefit. They definitely enjoyed being outside more in the mild temps.

Was nice to get chores done without gloves. Got feed bins resupplied and some additional bedding down for the cold snap ahead. Spread sand over the refrozen thaw on paths and steps between house and coop.

Grateful I'm not going to be dealing with negative temps, tho a wicked wind will blow in the cold front only single digit lows and a few more inches of snow forecasted here over the next 4 days.

Back
Top Bottom