Hard boiling fresh eggs-This one WORKS!

I worked in a restaurant many years ago and once a week our special was a cup of soup and an egg salad sandwich. Such a big favorite with our customers that we were always busier that lunch rush than any other day of the week. Now, this was well over 15 years ago, and baking them is exactly how we did the eggs. Time saver, because we could prep the other stuff while the eggs were in the oven, and didn't take all morning to peel them. The owner liked to make the salad with the eggs really chunky, not minced up so fine that the sandwiches were "mushy", and I must admit that despite working there my egg salad still doesn't taste quite as good as hers did. She always made the salad herself, we just did the prep work, so I missed something in the recipe somewhere! Mine is good, it's just not Ida's. I've baked "hard boiled eggs" for potato salad, egg salad, and deviled eggs ever since. But when I try to tell people how I do it, they look at me like I'm one egg short of a brood. <sigh> So nice to see that others do this too! HInt: I've found that the small muffin tins hold the eggs better....the size between gargantuan and mini.

We have eggs running out our ears here and I'm craving deviled eggs for tomorrow. Gathered 5 eggs today and have 7 from yesterday. Oven is preheating now to 325 degrees,,will cook them for 20 minutes and will post the results back here in an hour or so. I too have tried the baking soda,standing on your little toe and tried many other home brewed ideas but since the ovens going anyway,I'm going to bake a dozen

Okay, I tried this method. 325 degrees for 25 minutes. First of all after I took them out of the ovenin the muffin trays I left them in the trays. Came back 1/2 hr later and they were still too hot to hold,so I just left them overnight and began peeling them last evening. I had maybe 2 that peeled clean. The rest all gave up a layer of egg white,normally around the pointy end. All yolks were done perfectly but now I wonder if I shouldn't have cooled them after they were done baking. And I know 4 of those eggs was laid that very day.

My mom bought me an egg steamer from QVC or HSN and I can bring in an egg prick a hole in the wide end put it in the steamer and have a perfectly cooked and easy to peel boiled egg no longer have to fight the shell.

My egg cooker gives me an excellent morning time. Just simple, it takes 15 minutes time to boil eggs and I stay to relax, because when the all eggs boiled it automatically shut off.

Before I purchase the egg cooker I checked out the page, It you interested, can check this: https://foodgear.org/best-egg-cooker-reviews/

Guys if you start with this device, I am sure you must be benefited before picked up your device after reading the best egg cooker reviews from the above link.

Thank you,

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom